Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing an iPF8100 from USA to EU  (Read 1604 times)

ares

Importing an iPF8100 from USA to EU
« on: July 03, 2008, 06:13:05 am »

Hello,

I live in Europe and, as you may know, the price of the iPF printers here is more than double the one paid by US folks.

So I was thinking about buying an iPF8100 in the USA and having it shipped to me. Even figuring in the shipping cost by UPS air freight, due to the current exchange ratio between Euro and US$ the saving would be great. These machines are 110-240V 50/60Hz, so there should be no problem with the different voltages, but I'm wondering if there are other differences between models sold here and models sold in the USA. Anyone know for sure? Also, anyone else is thinking about doing the same thing, or has already done it?

Thanks.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Importing an iPF8100 from USA to EU
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 08:34:24 am »

Hello,

I live in Europe and, as you may know, the price of the iPF printers here is more than double the one paid by US folks.

So I was thinking about buying an iPF8100 in the USA and having it shipped to me. Even figuring in the shipping cost by UPS air freight, due to the current exchange ratio between Euro and US$ the saving would be great. These machines are 110-240V 50/60Hz, so there should be no problem with the different voltages, but I'm wondering if there are other differences between models sold here and models sold in the USA. Anyone know for sure? Also, anyone else is thinking about doing the same thing, or has already done it?

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205205\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am thinking about importing a iPF or Z3100 myself. Shipping is still making it pretty expensive but it will still be a lot cheaper than buying in the EU. Enough to make it interesting.

The only thing that is holding me back is the support issue. No problem if you don't need it but what if you do?
Pages: [1]   Go Up