Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Difference between Multi & single shot  (Read 8083 times)

ixpressraf

Difference between Multi & single shot
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 05:55:28 pm »

I think it is very clear there is a difference in detail in the picture i added to my former reply. For me as a professional photographer it is simply very important to get the job properly done. Therefoore i got me a multishot back and i use it very often and mostly in 4 shot mode and yes also color is much cleaner, especially when photographing dark textured things such as black or dark poweder coated metals for instance.
As there was no clear advantage in MS, i myself and a lot more people would not spent that amountof money on such a back.

yaya

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 07:08:28 pm »

I think it is very clear there is a difference in detail in the picture i added to my former reply. For me as a professional photographer it is simply very important to get the job properly done. Therefoore i got me a multishot back and i use it very often and mostly in 4 shot mode and yes also color is much cleaner, especially when photographing dark textured things such as black or dark poweder coated metals for instance.
As there was no clear advantage in MS, i myself and a lot more people would not spent that amountof money on such a back.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205355\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't disagree with you and surely if the same MP back is used in 1 or 4-shot modes then there's going to be a difference (providing there's no floor, mirror, shutter, lighting moves or changes between shots).
However higher MP back will suffer less from moire and at some point the speed and ease of 1 shot compared to multi shot will win, IMO. Also bare in mind that some softwares offer efficient moire removal facilities in the raw stage.

Yair

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 07:19:01 pm »

A while ago someone asked me in which situations my 16MP multishot back makes mince meat of my CF39.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205103\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No intend to re-open an old debate, but wouldn't a DSLR like the 1ds3 or the D3 with AA filters be a better solution for these kind of situations?

The Nikon seems to be especially good at avoiding nearly totally moire while preserving a very high level of details.

Just wondering.

Regards,
Bernard

Nick-T

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 08:27:27 pm »

No intend to re-open an old debate, but wouldn't a DSLR like the 1ds3 or the D3 with AA filters be a better solution for these kind of situations?

The Nikon seems to be especially good at avoiding nearly totally moire while preserving a very high level of details.

Just wondering.

Regards,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205372\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have a D3 and a 384 and the 4 shot is well worth the effort over a single shot, the D3 is no where near a 4 shot file in quality terms.

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2008, 01:33:46 am »

Exactly! Especially considering the items are stationery anyway. Besides, I don't have a D3. I work with MF. The image quality of 4shot is truly stellar, the D3 or any other single shot camera for that matter (including my CF39) doesn't even come close.

Naturally the image quality is a major part of the reason why I work MF but also because I really like working with it. That alone would be a reason why I don't want to be using a D3 or MKIII for this kind of work.

I do have a D300 which I love taking with me when going light or doing private stuff. It seems too me too many people are only focussed on the pricing and convenience of DSLR and overlooking other qualities in MF or preferred methods of working.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 01:39:24 am by Dustbak »

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2008, 07:31:24 am »

I have a D3 and a 384 and the 4 shot is well worth the effort over a single shot, the D3 is no where near a 4 shot file in quality terms.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205384\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nick,

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 07:36:06 am »

I do have a D300 which I love taking with me when going light or doing private stuff. It seems too me too many people are only focussed on the pricing and convenience of DSLR and overlooking other qualities in MF or preferred methods of working.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205423\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Agreed. I have a ZD and the files are outstanding. I was just wondering about the impact of moire.

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up