Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My eyeone D2 died  (Read 2042 times)

theophilus

My eyeone D2 died
« on: June 30, 2008, 10:45:47 pm »

My eyeone display 2 just kicked the bucket.  So now I have a few questions:

1) Is there a "next generation" device or anything better, or should I just get another eyeone?  I liked my results from the eyeone and eyeone match before it quit.

2) I would like to make my own printer/paper profiles but cost has been prohibitively expensive (i.e. the i1 photo is out of my price range).  Has anything come along from any other companies?  I am aware of Colormunki but I'd like something a little more sophisticated.

Basically if there is nothing better out there then I will just get another i1 and pay for profiles for the time being.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
My eyeone D2 died
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 12:55:56 am »

I have the ColorMunki Photo and it is not a bad thing...

One advantage with the Munki is that it is actually a spectrometer so it mesures 10 nm channels instead of just three colors. The only disadvantage I see is the "dumbed down" software.

By the way, the ColorMunki can scan any printed traget, although the apeture is quite large and hard to aim. I regularly scan printouts of "Macbeth Color Checkers" for consistency tests.

Best regards
Erik

My eyeone display 2 just kicked the bucket.  So now I have a few questions:

1) Is there a "next generation" device or anything better, or should I just get another eyeone?  I liked my results from the eyeone and eyeone match before it quit.

2) I would like to make my own printer/paper profiles but cost has been prohibitively expensive (i.e. the i1 photo is out of my price range).  Has anything come along from any other companies?  I am aware of Colormunki but I'd like something a little more sophisticated.

Basically if there is nothing better out there then I will just get another i1 and pay for profiles for the time being.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204681\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Erik Kaffehr

The View

My eyeone D2 died
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 03:47:24 am »

I have the ColorMunki Photo and it is not a bad thing...

One advantage with the Munki is that it is actually a spectrometer so it mesures 10 nm channels instead of just three colors. The only disadvantage I see is the "dumbed down" software.

By the way, the ColorMunki can scan any printed traget, although the apeture is quite large and hard to aim. I regularly scan printouts of "Macbeth Color Checkers" for consistency tests.

Best regards
Erik
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204698\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

To the OP: I'm sorry that happened to you. But the Eye One Display 2 is still an up-to-date device. The fact it doesn't get upgraded every year like the spiders... I wouldn't see that as a lack of quality, rather the other way round. So you won't go wrong by buying it again.

If you buy papers, buy preferably those where you can get a canned ICC profile for your printer.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 04:53:03 am by The View »
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.
Pages: [1]   Go Up