Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica  (Read 8988 times)

Rob C

Leica
« on: June 30, 2008, 04:36:19 pm »

This might be the wrong place, even the wrong cameras - I don´t know for sure, but what I do know for sure is that I think I have found a site that shows both a fantastic way of lighting and shooting models. And, to topic, gives me what I have always thought of as Leica colour.

www.bokelberg.com

I can´t seem to find how to put this one on the Favourites list - it re-opens on another page(?) and defeats me.

Anyway, open the site, click onto girls in the search slot and you will get some beautiful portraits, fashion-oriented atmospherics, really wonderful stuff. Watcha think? He loves long lenses...

Rob C

Rob C

Leica
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 05:37:06 pm »

Clearly not much interest in Leica, then?

Anyway, for anybody who gives a damn, I´ve had another look at the site and keying in Women, going to page 44, hovering the doodah over the image of the person with the camera, reveals what I think is an M. The same happens on page 55, over image code 44593.

Look how hard I work for you.

Rob C

Rob C

Leica
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 04:40:04 pm »

Huh!

Just looked at that site again, using the page numbers quoted above, and guess what? They are totally different today, not a sign of a tripod or an M.

Really bloody helpful.

Sorry if your time was wasted - mine was too.

Rob C

juicy

Leica
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 05:23:08 pm »

Hi!
The site is interesting and annoying at the same time. There are thousands of well executed photos of eye-numbing similar subject matter. Ok, it's a typical collection of stock photography aimed at certain type of publications etc. Although very nice images overal, they are in such a small size that I could not see any kind of Leica (or other specific) quality. Yes, Leica cameras were found in couple of images. Good images but a numbing experience.

Frank Horvat's site attracted 100 times more interest. But that's just my view.

Cheers,
J

Rob C

Leica
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 05:19:49 am »

Hi!
The site is interesting and annoying at the same time. There are thousands of well executed photos of eye-numbing similar subject matter. Ok, it's a typical collection of stock photography aimed at certain type of publications etc. Although very nice images overal, they are in such a small size that I could not see any kind of Leica (or other specific) quality. Yes, Leica cameras were found in couple of images. Good images but a numbing experience.

Frank Horvat's site attracted 100 times more interest. But that's just my view.

Cheers,
J
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi

Yes, they are very similar pics, but that´s the result of looking at thousands of one man´s images. Inevitable, but handwriting, as it were.

The Leica quality, in my imagination if not in fact, has to do with the colours that are there. Quite rightly, there is no way of judging definition etc. from  small JPEGs but colour is something else. It could be that my monitor has a fondness for Leica  colours (joke) but whatever, they do sem to have something about them that I always associate with Leica.

This link to Stan Malinowski´s site makes reference to that very colour issue and may be of interest.

[a href=\"http://www.modelpix.com/index2.html]http://www.modelpix.com/index2.html[/url]

Frank Horvat. What can I say? One of my all-time favourites and one of the sites in which I have spent more hours than are healthy. His interview with, amongst others, Sarah Moon, is so refreshingly honest and close to personal thinking that on first reading it I wanted to weep with relief that such was possible to find anywhere.

Rob C

bob carnie

Leica
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 08:16:18 am »

Rob

I have been printing for a considerable time and I too notice a difference when a leica rangefinder is used with film.
Hard to describe but in black and white , I would say the tonalities almost seem etched in the negative and really reproduce well.
I cannot say the same for the new digital Leica , and I am not sure why, I was expecting the same kind of quality gain, but IMO this camera does not compare with the Cannon and Nikon offerings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up