Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cornwall and Devon at this time of year?  (Read 2175 times)

Rodreguez

Cornwall and Devon at this time of year?
« on: June 30, 2008, 04:26:25 pm »

I've got a few days spare and am thinking of taking off with a tent and my gear. Any recommendations of coastal or non-coastal locations in Cornwall or Devon that are good at this time of year?

I'm from Dorset, and most of the coastal locations aren't that great for me this time of year. I like the sun setting in shot somewhere behind or to the side of whatever I'm shooting. I find late Autumn and Winter to be better for this usually round here.

So, based on this, can anyone recommend anywhere in Cornwall, Devon or anywhere along the South West coast in which the sun is in a good position this time of year? Either in the morning or the evening...

I know Land's End is good in this month, as I used a sun compass when I was there in December....

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Cornwall and Devon at this time of year?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 05:54:38 pm »

If it is still in print (or available used) try for a copy of the AA's "Illustrated Guide to Britain's Coast" - it is an invaluable reference.

One of my favourite and relatively quiet hikes with a camera is the Devon South Coast Path between Mothecombe and Noss Mayo (opposite Newton Ferrers). Busier but more dramatic is the walk from Bolt Head outside of Salcombe to Bolt Tail. I am sure there are lots of choices but I suspect that N. Devon will give you better sun positions: esp around Lynton & Combe Martin
I envy you )
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 06:01:33 pm by Chrissand »
Pages: [1]   Go Up