Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Users Wanted  (Read 18666 times)

Graham Mitchell

Hasselblad Users Wanted
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2008, 05:17:50 pm »

unfortunately H have success. more than the others in the market, as i believe.
crazy.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205326\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Rainer, this might sound crazy but I believe many pros aren't capable or don't have the time to really judge all the systems for themselves. They will just go with the platform which is making the most noise and which they see others use. There will always be a portion of any market which follows the trends blindly.

If I were competing with Hasselblad, I would match their marketing exposure, and make sure the competing camera was seen in the hands of well-known professionals, and I would make sure that the camera was available in rental outfits wherever the Hasselblad is available, etc.

Time and time again I see people here basing their purchase on the basis of there being only one product available from a local dealer.

There are many factors other than product quality which can lead to sales.

hubell

Hasselblad Users Wanted
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2008, 05:50:07 pm »

when H came out with their 28 and when they closed out the older users from using it with their h1 and h2, and when they closed out older backs from the h3 i just was shaking my head and thought that HAS to be their end, because its so barefaced that i really couldnt get it.

but what actually happens is the opposite. hasselblad is among , if not the, most succesfull back/ camera maker. i hardly understand how so many people buy in this system and do not see the activities of this company. this is  telling much about us photographers and about our times.....

several of the smarter guys here will now say.... well thats ok if it makes the business better.
i cant agree with this .... and i dont work with my clients in this or a similar way.
but: unfortunately H have success. more than the others in the market, as i believe.
crazy.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205326\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Don't you feel just a bit hypocritical working for/with Sinar, which has essentially done the exact same thing with the Hy6? I have not seen many Phase backs on a Hy6, have you? So many times that issue was raised here over the last 18 months, and the Sinar rep always answered in  ways that reminded me of Muhammad Ali bobbing and weaving.

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
Hasselblad Users Wanted
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2008, 06:13:32 pm »

Don't you feel just a bit hypocritical working for/with Sinar, which has essentially done the exact same thing with the Hy6? I have not seen many Phase backs on a Hy6, have you? So many times that issue was raised here over the last 18 months, and the Sinar rep always answered in  ways that reminded me of Muhammad Ali bobbing and weaving.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205354\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

just becuse they made the arTek with me or with my specs does not mean that i am working for /with sinar more than in the way that sinar brought now out the camera in closer co-operation with me. also my part of the  work before with stefan was a thing, which primarily started to solve problems i encounterd in my personal workflow. although there was a lot of exchange between sinar, stefan and me and sinar took over several parts of stefans code. but maybe you realized that brumbaer tools never became sinar tools, which i would have liked a lot.
i am 100% free to say whatever i want. and if you`ve read my post i wrote about them as about the three others.
and i - as many others here - dont share your opinion that the hy6 mount is even similar to what hasselblad did with the h3.

further its  rare that i put my comments about other stuff than architure shooting related ones here. i dont remember that i wrote ever about the h3, but maybe i did and i forgot. usually it dont interest me. but that i should stop now to post what i want for beeing  involved in the arTec project? i think you can forget this .....  
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:32:01 pm by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Hasselblad Users Wanted
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2008, 12:55:52 pm »

... and one more, for the "poor" and "stupid" Sinar rep: cheers and enjoy your ride.

FYI concerning your comment on Rainer's words: did you notice that he did say something against Sinar, not praising?

Are you just here to bash whatever comes from this side, or do you also have time left for more glorious tasks?

Concerning my at-that-time "bobbing and weaving", it has nevertheless proven absolutely right, so far.

Best regards,
Thierry

Don't you feel just a bit hypocritical working for/with Sinar, which has essentially done the exact same thing with the Hy6? I have not seen many Phase backs on a Hy6, have you? So many times that issue was raised here over the last 18 months, and the Sinar rep always answered in  ways that reminded me of Muhammad Ali bobbing and weaving.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205354\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up