Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aptus blad V fit to H fit  (Read 3527 times)

buzzski

• Scottish wedding  photography on film and digital
Aptus blad V fit to H fit
« on: June 30, 2008, 07:30:53 am »

Hi, I'm currently using an Aptus on a Blad V fit and was toying with moving on to the H system at some point. Does anyone know if it's cost effective to get the back adapted to fit the H cameras or am I best to sell it and start again with an H fit back? Any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks, Craig

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 09:21:01 am »

Hi, I'm currently using an Aptus on a Blad V fit and was toying with moving on to the H system at some point. Does anyone know if it's cost effective to get the back adapted to fit the H cameras or am I best to sell it and start again with an H fit back? Any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks, Craig
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204456\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is most unlikely to be space to make an adapter without partly dissasebling the back if you want infinity focus

You should talk to your dealer about the cost of getting the back modified at Leafs factory or the possibility of a like for like trade I would imagine

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

j.miller

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 09:32:30 am »

The cost to have the mount of your Leaf Aptus swapped from Universal Mount (Hasselblad V) to Hasselblad H-Mount will be $2,100, and this can be done by the service department at Leaf America and Elmsford, NY. This type of service can normally be turned around in a few business days.

Without knowing exactly what model Aptus back you have, in most cases the least expensive route to get the same back in an Hasselblad H-mount will be to have Leaf swap the mount. Which model Aptus back do you have?

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Jordan E. Miller

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204456\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:05:01 am by JEM_DTG »

buzzski

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 11:34:36 am »

The cost to have the mount of your Leaf Aptus swapped from Universal Mount (Hasselblad V) to Hasselblad H-Mount will be $2,100, and this can be done by the service department at Leaf America and Elmsford, NY. This type of service can normally be turned around in a few business days.

Without knowing exactly what model Aptus back you have, in most cases the least expensive route to get the same back in an Hasselblad H-mount will be to have Leaf swap the mount. Which model Aptus back do you have?

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Jordan E. Miller
Digital Technology Group, Inc.
(813) 889-0660 office
(800) 681-0024 toll free
(813) 888-9680 fax
(813) 507-9173 mobile
jordan@DTGweb.com
www.DTGweb.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204473\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for that Jordan, I'm using a 17 but it has done less than 3000 shots so I thought it would make sense to have it converted rather than buying new. In an attempt to save money I'd intend on buying a second hand H1. In your opinion is this a good combination or are there pitfalls that I don't know about? Thanks once again, Craig

j.miller

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 02:22:25 pm »

Craig,
    With the Aptus 17, you are still better off having the mount swapped by Leaf than trying to sell it, and purchase another Aptus 17 in Hasselblad H-Mount.

The Aptus 17 is a great back, and produces phenomenal files, however the used market for one, especially in Universal mount, would not be favorable over swapping the mount.

When looking for used H-Series bodies, I would recommend you look for an H2 as apposed to H1. The current, rechargeable batteries for H2 are much better. Not to mention, when considering future upgrade / trade-in options, having an H2 could be a slight advantage. Consider buying an H2 that has been registered for Hasselblad's Customer Care Program, as this offers some additional support / repair options down the road.

There are not any pitfalls in using the Aptus 17 with an H1/H2. The Aptus and Aptus S backs are ideally suited for the H-Series body, and communicate fully with the body. The Aptus 17 on an used H2 will provide a reasonably priced solution, with greater lens selection, and significantly better image quality of a comparable resolution , 35mm system.

Regards,

Jordan Miller

Thanks for that Jordan, I'm using a 17 but it has done less than 3000 shots so I thought it would make sense to have it converted rather than buying new. In an attempt to save money I'd intend on buying a second hand H1. In your opinion is this a good combination or are there pitfalls that I don't know about? Thanks once again, Craig
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204504\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:05:12 am by JEM_DTG »

buzzski

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 02:53:22 pm »

Craig,
    With the Aptus 17, you are still better off having the mount swapped by Leaf than trying to sell it, and purchase another Aptus 17 in Hasselblad H-Mount.

The Aptus 17 is a great back, and produces phenomenal files, however the used market for one, especially in Universal mount, would not be favorable over swapping the mount.

When looking for used H-Series bodies, I would recommend you look for an H2 as apposed to H1. The current, rechargeable batteries for H2 are much better. Not to mention, when considering future upgrade / trade-in options, having an H2 could be a slight advantage. Consider buying an H2 that has been registered for Hasselblad's Customer Care Program, as this offers some additional support / repair options down the road.

There are not any pitfalls in using the Aptus 17 with an H1/H2. The Aptus and Aptus S backs are ideally suited for the H-Series body, and communicate fully with the body. The Aptus 17 on an used H2 will provide a reasonably priced solution, with greater lens selection, and significantly better image quality of a comparable resolution , 35mm system.

Regards,

Jordan Miller
DTG
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204538\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it, Craig

yaya

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 05:34:08 pm »

Craig I don't know which part of the world you are in so I won't quote exact figures, but you may have several other options to look at:

Basically, if you trade your Aptus 17 in for a new back, you can choose a different mount so the $2K get swallowed in the deal.

From an Aptus 17 to an Aptus 65 (slightly bigger sensor, much larger file size and higher iso) costs approx. $10K, so for $8K you get a new back with new warranty etc. In other words you get $6K for your back (looking at the current $14K promotion...more if you look at the list price).

Some of our dealers may also have ex. demo/ rental Aptus 22/ 65/ 75 backs in H mount for sale and they may be willing to take your back in in part exchange or help you selling it for a small fee.

Yair
Pages: [1]   Go Up