Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Website  (Read 13544 times)

LoisWakeman

New Website
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 07:55:46 am »

Quote from: clearescape
As far as the title, I am depending on keywords I entered to grab the robots attention.
I'm sorry to say they are largely ignored these days, and text (readable)content is the most heavily-weighted determinant of your rank.

joergen geerds

• http://joergengeerds.com
New Website
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 07:22:58 pm »

Hi Eric,

I would suggest to rethink the website a bit... right now it is messy in terms of usability and design... it doesn't look like a photographers website at all... I think if you bring the content that you like up to the front page, it would be an easier sell... right now it's not the most enticing way into your site.

flash gallery vs html gallery: I have no idea why you would need both... the flash gallery looks puny, and I don't digg the constant frame resizing when you switch from one photo to the other... the html gallery is even worse, and looks like something straight out of photoshop html export... overall, I think that in 2009 photographers can afford to show much nicer and bigger photos... I do believe that the work should be the center of attention, and not the frame/engine around it. you have nice work up there, you definitely should flaunt it more. and please get rid of the music, unless it is your own.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
New Website
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 03:55:06 am »

Quote from: haefnerphoto
An observation I had was that it's no fun to have to continually move the cursor to to hit the forward and back arrows.  Put them in one spot so that they aren't affected by a horizontal or vertical image.  Jim
Yes, yes, yes! I've made this comment several times before about various sites. Don't make me move my mouse all the time. It would be good if the arrow keys worked, as well.

Once I get past the opening screens and into the galleries, I like the site (although I've never really understood why it's a good idea to make clicking on a large photo take you back to the thumbnails). The opening pages, though, I found simply irritating. Why have white splodges showing up on the screen at random? It's a gimmick that slows down loading and has nothing to do with your work.

IMHO.

Jeremy

ceyman

New Website
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 11:34:05 pm »

Quote from: haefnerphoto
An observation I had was that it's no fun to have to continually move the cursor to to hit the forward and back arrows.  Put them in one spot so that they aren't affected by a horizontal or vertical image.  Jim

I second this request.  Scrolling through the People images I had to keep looking away from the pictures to move my cursor to the arrow.

clearescape

• http://
New Website
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 02:12:10 pm »

I am in the process of redesigning the galleries for remote trigger rollover, should be done by this weekend.  This will eliminate the need for arrows and will have a home button so you won't have to go to the back button on the browser.  

Thank you all for taking the time out of your day to look at my site and give me your critiques,  I will add another post when it is all finished.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up