Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon IPF6100 8bit profiles for Canon papers  (Read 1981 times)

tyurek

Canon IPF6100 8bit profiles for Canon papers
« on: June 30, 2008, 12:56:04 am »

I'm the owner of a newly purchased Canon IPF6100.  Everything I've read suggests that the 16bit export plugin and the 8bit driver require their own individual profiles. I believe the profiles posted for various Canon media on Canon's web site (digital learning center) are all for the 16bit plugin. Does anyone know if Canon has also posted the corresponding 8bit driver profiles for the same papers? I'll be needing them for use with Qimage.  

Thanks,

-tolga

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:46:39 am »

From what I undertand (and read, on I believe the Canon Wiki), you can actually use profiles, preferrably the 16-bit, for both. The article I read said there was in fact very little difference in color gamut output between the two printing options. I experiemented this past weekend and saw little visible different under my lightbox.

My suggestion: try for yourself and see if it works for you.

Nemo

tomm101

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 01:41:51 pm »

For profiles for Canon papers http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?ac...interProfileAct.
Just plug in your printer and there are profiles for the Canon iPF series. Much better than what they send with the printer.

Tom

tyurek

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 02:13:02 pm »

Yes, that's where I downloaded the profiles from. I believe those were made for the 16bit plugin. I will try Nemo's suggestion and see what the results are  if I use the same profiles with the 8bit driver. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up