Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reid Reviews  (Read 5962 times)

Moynihan

• jay moynihan:  glances stares & nods
Reid Reviews
« on: June 29, 2008, 04:50:33 pm »

Last week I subscribed to Reid Reviews http://www.reidreviews.com/

Have read a couple of the reviews, and am very pleased with the site. Technical stuff is there, but it is combined with the views of an experienced, actual photographer. I thought it is worth the price.

ericstaud

• www.ericstaudenmaier.com
Reid Reviews
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 05:48:25 pm »

Last week I subscribed to Reid Reviews http://www.reidreviews.com/

Have read a couple of the reviews, and am very pleased with the site. Technical stuff is there, but it is combined with the views of an experienced, actual photographer. I thought it is worth the price.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204368\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, very informative and well written.  Well worth the money.

John Camp

Reid Reviews
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 07:05:17 pm »

It's good -- I've learned about some useful stuff since I started reading it, most recently, the Y strap. Most of my cameras on are Upstraps, but my "carry camera," a D300, now has a Y strap permanently attached...that discovery was worth the  price of admission.

One problem I see coming up for Reid is that his reviews are concentrated on hardware (with some exceptions.) As digital settles down, when every new camera is NOT a major change or advance, I think the hardware comparisons will become somewhat less important, and certainly less urgent. It'd be nice if he could bring the same focus into other aspects of photography, like printing and software.

JC

Per Ofverbeck

• http://elgfoto.se
Reid Reviews
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 05:24:52 am »

One problem I see coming up for Reid is that his reviews are concentrated on hardware (with some exceptions.) As digital settles down, when every new camera is NOT a major change or advance, I think the hardware comparisons will become somewhat less important, and certainly less urgent. ...[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204389\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Another happy subscriber here; highly recommended!

John, I don´t feel that Sean´s articles on the site are at all "concentrated on hardware", or at least I feel there are more exceptions than just "some".  One of the great strengths of the site are the entries about non-hardware issues like photographing strangers, working in B/W, Ben Lifson´s tuition, and so on.  
Try to find this kind of texts on DPReview (of course, LL right here does have several "non-hardware" contributions as well)!

The one and only, very minor issue I have with the organization of Reid Reviews is that it´s becoming more and more difficult to find older items in the strictly chronological scroll list on the left (it is rapidly getting quite long, which is of course what we pay for...  ).  Some kind of hierarchical order would help a lot...
Per Ofverbeck
My

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
Reid Reviews
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 10:05:07 am »

There are many free forums to subscribe to that fill the same need, including this one.
Gerald J Skrocki
Pages: [1]   Go Up