Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very pleased with the Canon 6100  (Read 1799 times)

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
Very pleased with the Canon 6100
« on: June 29, 2008, 04:17:34 pm »

I'm extremely pleased with my new 6100. It's perhaps the easiest printer I've had up and running and producing superb prints with minimal hassle and problems. (I've had equally good results from both the driver and plug-in.) I'm especially pleased with the B&W prints -- absolutely neutral, no magenta cast, whether I send images as grayscale or B&W-RGB. Saturday I had the opportunity to crank out about ten different 11x17 prints on several different papers. At this point, I'm using canned profiles from the various paper companies, but my results are right on, compared to my monitor. I'm almost  tempted to not create my own. So far, I've tried:

Moab Entrada Bright White
Hahnemuehle Photo Rag and Fine Art Pearl

I also have profiles loaded for the Harman papers, but haven't printed on them yet. I have quite a lot of Museo Max, Museo II and Silver Rag on hand, but there are not profiles yet available for the 6100.

My question: Has anyone found a particular paper to be especially outstanding with the 6100, printing B&W, that gave great dMax, but also wonderful tonal range?

Thanks,
Nemo
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 04:17:57 pm by nemophoto »

booksmartstudio

• http://www.booksmartstudio.com/
Very pleased with the Canon 6100
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 01:37:07 pm »

Kory Gunnasen
Digital Printing Lab Mana
Pages: [1]   Go Up