Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to print on roll paper using epson pro 4000 an  (Read 8181 times)

ksporry

how to print on roll paper using epson pro 4000 an
« on: June 27, 2008, 08:05:48 pm »

Guys,
I've been at this all nite and I am fed up.
Can someone please tell me how I can print a panoramic print on roll paper using CS2 on a MAC (so please now windows advice) using  an epson pro 4000?
I constantly get the message that the wrong paper source is selected.
Roll paper is fed into the printer, I select A2 roll paper (any of the A2 roll paper options), or I try a custom paper size (42x120 cm) on page setup. For paper I select velvet fine art paper (I don't really know what kind of paper it is to be honest), because that will select the rear feed. Unless I am mistaken (quite possible) the rear feed is used by roll paper.

This does not work. I tried setting to A2, but then I get only an A2 size part of my print, and still it won't print anyway with the same annoying message.
I don't have these problems with my R1800. With the  R1800 I just select roll paper and everything automatically prints perfect, but not the pro 4000, can someone please explain to me what settings I have to use in page setup of CS2 and what settings I have to use in the  printer driver of the pro 4000 printer ?

drwillie

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 05:56:35 am »

Guys,
I've been at this all nite and I am fed up.
Can someone please tell me how I can print a panoramic print on roll paper using CS2 on a MAC (so please now windows advice) using  an epson pro 4000?
I constantly get the message that the wrong paper source is selected.
Roll paper is fed into the printer, I select A2 roll paper (any of the A2 roll paper options), or I try a custom paper size (42x120 cm) on page setup. For paper I select velvet fine art paper (I don't really know what kind of paper it is to be honest), because that will select the rear feed. Unless I am mistaken (quite possible) the rear feed is used by roll paper.

This does not work. I tried setting to A2, but then I get only an A2 size part of my print, and still it won't print anyway with the same annoying message.
I don't have these problems with my R1800. With the  R1800 I just select roll paper and everything automatically prints perfect, but not the pro 4000, can someone please explain to me what settings I have to use in page setup of CS2 and what settings I have to use in the  printer driver of the pro 4000 printer ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204086\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don' know if it makes a difference which computer platform you use (Mac or PC), but with the Mac there is a separate printer driver you must choose when using roll paper on the Epson 4000.  Are all your Epson printer drivers installed?  One of the drivers is named "Stylus Pro 4000(Roll Paper).

David

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 06:31:02 am »

Excuse me if this is a stupid question. Do you have the correct feed? The sheet feed has a max length of around 610mm. David

ksporry

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 07:00:02 am »

I don' know if it makes a difference which computer platform you use (Mac or PC), but with the Mac there is a separate printer driver you must choose when using roll paper on the Epson 4000.  Are all your Epson printer drivers installed?  One of the drivers is named "Stylus Pro 4000(Roll Paper).

David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204138\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Dave,
I read about that, indeed I am using a Mac. For some reason I only have one printer driver "epson pro 4000" The driver does show an option under "print settings" to select roll paper, but this does not seem to work. I tried setting page setup to A2 (roll paper) (and all teh other A2 roll paper options), and I also tried using a defined custom paper size.
if you have a driver that will give me the pro 4000 (roll paper) driver, then could you possibly send it to me please? I tried Epson's online chat support without success, so I am rapidly running out of options...

Scho

• http://photos.schophoto.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 08:21:29 am »

Hi Dave,
I read about that, indeed I am using a Mac. For some reason I only have one printer driver "epson pro 4000" The driver does show an option under "print settings" to select roll paper, but this does not seem to work. I tried setting page setup to A2 (roll paper) (and all teh other A2 roll paper options), and I also tried using a defined custom paper size.
if you have a driver that will give me the pro 4000 (roll paper) driver, then could you possibly send it to me please? I tried Epson's online chat support without success, so I am rapidly running out of options...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204143\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did you try a different media type?  As far as I know velvet fine art is not supported as a roll paper and that may be your problem.  Try selecting enhanced matte or another matte paper type.  What roll paper are you using?
Pages: [1]   Go Up