Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing From Lightroom  (Read 3791 times)

pmpm

Printing From Lightroom
« on: June 25, 2008, 07:54:15 am »

I am printing via Epson !800. I have a calibrated monitor and individual paper profiles for my papers. These were prepared by a professional upon my computer and using my monitor.I believe that both programmes have been correctly set up by myself. There is a small but unacceptable difference; particularly in the red spectrum between what I see on my Apple Cinema Monitor and the printout and a difference between the printsw from Lightroom and PS3 neither being satisfactory. Adobe make both programmes . The same paper profile used in both how can they vary?

madmanchan

• Web
Printing From Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 08:29:14 am »

Because the result will depend on a lot of variables ... the quality of the monitor profile, the quality of the printer profile, gamut limitations of your display, gamut limitation of the printer/ink/paper combination, and all of your driver and application settings, which may or may not be correct.

So what you need to do is post ALL of the information about your setup, settings, paper, etc. And then maybe we can track down the issue.
Eric Chan

pmpm

Printing From Lightroom
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 04:04:43 am »

Because the result will depend on a lot of variables ... the quality of the monitor profile, the quality of the printer profile, gamut limitations of your display, gamut limitation of the printer/ink/paper combination, and all of your driver and application settings, which may or may not be correct.

So what you need to do is post ALL of the information about your setup, settings, paper, etc. And then maybe we can track down the issue.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203776\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TROUBLE. i NOW KNOW THAT MY PROBLEMS STEM FROM WINDOWS AND WILL GO FOR REINSTILLATION. THANK YOU ALL THE SAME.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 04:07:19 am by pmpm »

janisr

Printing From Lightroom
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 03:05:31 pm »

well, i have been having  printing problems as well - when using photoshop - prints are good, when using lightroom - one of four prints is different - using the same settings and profiles as in the photoshop, but the prints differ!
why is that so?
Jānis Ratnieks www.janisratnieks.com

Deep

Printing From Lightroom
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 06:57:33 am »

well, i have been having  printing problems as well - when using photoshop - prints are good, when using lightroom - one of four prints is different - using the same settings and profiles as in the photoshop, but the prints differ!
why is that so?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204839\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I don't usually have colour matching problems but have done a few times and all have been caused by one of two issues.

One of these is that, if a photo is saved in Photoshop as a Jpeg, you have to use one of the "baseline format" options, not the progressive one.  This was a major problem with early versions of Lightroom but could have been fixed now.

The other is due to profile issues, when I print someone else's photos.  They look fine in Lightroom but print all wrong.  A trip to Photoshop to assign a suitable profile (Lightroom only "uses"  sRGB, AdobeRGB or ProPhoto RGB, I believe) and all is well again.

Hope this helps,

Don.
Don

Pete Ferling

Printing From Lightroom
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 11:18:38 pm »

I have both the 9800, and 2400.  I use a huey pro to get my lacie CRT monitor in spec, (I was forntunate to find one still in the box - I can testify, with exception to the Mac monitors, that LCDs will only get you close).

If printing from LR, in the printer settings, choose ICM management, show all color profiles.  In the input drop down, select ProPhoto RGB, select perceptual, then in output, select your custom profile/or the profile for your paper.

In LR set print resolution to 360dpi, and either matte or glossy as per your paper, and profile as "managed by printer".

I get spot on compared with the Lacie CRT. (I also edit with subdued room lighting and view the final piece with a D50 CFL lamp -D50 is the color temp my monitor).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 11:21:03 pm by Pete Ferling »
Pages: [1]   Go Up