Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calendar License strangeness  (Read 3533 times)

SeanPuckett

• http://photi.ca/
Calendar License strangeness
« on: June 24, 2008, 03:36:51 pm »

I have a licensing request that seems awkward.  Saturday I got an inquiry for bulk rate licensing of 12 images for unlimited use in a calendar, Canada wide.  The inquiry comes from a Gmail account, with no business or contact information enclosed.  I sent a response back asking for detailed info, particularly organization info and technical printing specs confirming page size etc..  The response answered half my questions and once again didn't mention an organization or business name -- simply an anonymous "client."

I don't like it, and am quite close to telling them to sod off but will probably do so with an ultimatum: "I don't deal with anonymous entities, particularly ones that ignore requests for information, and if you do not want to give me full contact information, including organization name and phone number, you can seek images elsewhere."

Any thoughts?  A claimed circulation of 180K isn't to be tossed away lightly, but the only possible outlet that fits the job description is the dollar store.  I don't have a problem with that; it's just that the inquirer is acting shady.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 03:38:38 pm by SeanPuckett »

Rob C

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 04:15:05 pm »

I have a licensing request that seems awkward.  Saturday I got an inquiry for bulk rate licensing of 12 images for unlimited use in a calendar, Canada wide.  The inquiry comes from a Gmail account, with no business or contact information enclosed.  I sent a response back asking for detailed info, particularly organization info and technical printing specs confirming page size etc..  The response answered half my questions and once again didn't mention an organization or business name -- simply an anonymous "client."

I don't like it, and am quite close to telling them to sod off but will probably do so with an ultimatum: "I don't deal with anonymous entities, particularly ones that ignore requests for information, and if you do not want to give me full contact information, including organization name and phone number, you can seek images elsewhere."

Any thoughts?  A claimed circulation of 180K isn't to be tossed away lightly, but the only possible outlet that fits the job description is the dollar store.  I don't have a problem with that; it's just that the inquirer is acting shady.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203429\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Why would a genuine client be shy?

Rob C

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:03:08 pm »

Yeah, I'd definitely run not walk from that one.  A legitimate client will be willing to provide phone, address, company name, representative name...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

SeanPuckett

• http://photi.ca/
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 09:14:18 am »

FWIW I blew it off without the ultimatum -- just "I don't work with anonymous or coy partners."   Haven't had a response, don't expect to; and I don't miss the fees I never would have gotten anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up