Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is photo x in collection y?  (Read 2270 times)

Kier

Is photo x in collection y?
« on: June 24, 2008, 04:39:59 am »

I am a recent Mac convert and am trying to adjust my cataloging workflow from ACDSee to Lightroom.

In ACDSee, I could create categories and assign images to them. When I selected an image, the categories to which the image was assigned would light up an icon to show that they were in fact containers for the selected image.

In the Lightroom system, the closest analog seems to be 'Collections'. I have created a bunch of collections but I am increasingly frustrated by the inability to see which collections to which an image is assigned. So far it seems that the only way to find out if an image is in a particular collection is to click on the collection and see if the image is in there. Surely there's another way, without having to change the contents of the grid view?

DavidB

• http://davidburren.com/
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 09:21:09 am »

In LR 1.x if you're in the grid view and hover the mouse over a collection name then any images in that collection that are on-screen at the moment will be highlighted with a white border.
This interface is the wrong way around to be efficient for the lookup you want to do, but it's better than nothing.  Expect better interfaces to this information in LR 2.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:22:10 am by DavidB »

Kier

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 03:14:20 pm »

Thanks David, that's a little help, though as you said, it's a far cry from what I really need.

Unfortunately, I've been testing the LR2 beta, and the system seems no different.
Pages: [1]   Go Up