Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC 2690 3090  (Read 8636 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
NEC 2690 3090
« on: June 23, 2008, 07:57:03 pm »

I have a couple of questions.  

I am trying to see if the spectraview II software has support for XP 64 bit version.  I have checked the NEC website and they imply it does, but it's vague.  Does anyone have this working on XP 64 bit?

On the 3090, it appears that NEC doens't have a version of this monitor that comes with the Spectraview gear.  Has anyone seen an announcement that there might be one coming?

Thanks
Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

ternst

NEC 2690 3090
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 10:13:20 pm »

Hey Paul. I got a 3090 several weeks ago (from ProVantage.com) - had to buy the software direct from HP as I could not find it bundled anywhere, including from HP. They both arrived in about two days (I use the software with my old Eye One I've had for five years and it works fine). I've been using a beautiful Mac 30" cinema display for four years now and it was terrific - the NEC seems as good, perhaps a bit more accurate. (I'm on a Mac so can't help with xp, thank goodness...)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:13:45 pm by ternst »

Paul Sumi

NEC 2690 3090
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 01:44:14 am »

I have a couple of questions. 

I am trying to see if the spectraview II software has support for XP 64 bit version.  I have checked the NEC website and they imply it does, but it's vague.  Does anyone have this working on XP 64 bit?

On the 3090, it appears that NEC doens't have a version of this monitor that comes with the Spectraview gear.  Has anyone seen an announcement that there might be one coming?

Thanks
Paul C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203232\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Paul -

Best place to get the XP 64 question answered is directly through NEC USA tech support:

techsupport(at)necdisplay.com (replace the (at) )

I own the 2690 and they have been very quick and helpful with information.

If my experience with the 2690 is any indication, you will more than likely have to buy the SpectraView II software (plus/minus bundled colorimeter) separately from the 3090.  The 2690/SV II bundle was in extremely short supply in the US and, according to NEC USA, the LCD monitor is exactly the same with or without the SV II bundle.

Best,

Paul

WillH

• http://www.necdisplay.com
NEC 2690 3090
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 09:13:00 am »

Both Windows XP x64 and Vista x64 are supported by SpectraView.

The bundled SpectraView II version  of the LCD3090WQXi is not yet available, but is expected to be released in late summer. For now you can buy the monitor and calibration kit separately.

I am trying to see if the spectraview II software has support for XP 64 bit version.  I have checked the NEC website and they imply it does, but it's vague.  Does anyone have this working on XP 64 bit?

On the 3090, it appears that NEC doens't have a version of this monitor that comes with the Spectraview gear.  Has anyone seen an announcement that there might be one coming?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203232\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Will Hollingworth
Senior Manager, Product Development
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.

ternst

NEC 2690 3090
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 10:43:04 am »

Hey Will, could you post a link to the HP site where the kit is available? I looked and looked and never found it, only the software, which was delivered quickly. Thanks...

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
NEC 2690 3090
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 10:55:50 am »

Thanks to all,

Tim, did you look at the new 30" mac?  I can't remember if it has the LED backlighting or not.  

The 2690 SV is definately hard to find, only found it at Newegg and MacMall, but will look at Provantage.

Thanks
Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

WillH

NEC 2690 3090
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 12:38:08 pm »

Well if you are looking on the HP website for it then you *will* have a hard time finding it because it's an NEC product, not HP :-)

Kits are available here:

http://www.necdisplay.com/spectraview2

Hey Will, could you post a link to the HP site where the kit is available? I looked and looked and never found it, only the software, which was delivered quickly. Thanks...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203354\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Will Hollingworth

Wolfman

• www.bernardwolf.com
NEC 2690 3090
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 03:48:10 pm »

Well if you are looking on the HP website for it then you *will* have a hard time finding it because it's an NEC product, not HP :-)

Kits are available here:

http://www.necdisplay.com/spectraview2
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203385\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A quick question Will....... I have the 2690 and I bought the Spectraview 2 software. I have the
Eye One Display 1 puck. Is that recommended to use with this software or is the Eye One Display 2 better or the same?

WillH

NEC 2690 3090
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 11:55:50 pm »

The i1D2 would be the recommended device as it has a number of improvements over the i1D1. You can find the "LT" version online for about $170.

A quick question Will....... I have the 2690 and I bought the Spectraview 2 software. I have the
Eye One Display 1 puck. Is that recommended to use with this software or is the Eye One Display 2 better or the same?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203431\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Will Hollingworth

Wolfman

• www.bernardwolf.com
NEC 2690 3090
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 12:44:41 am »

The i1D2 would be the recommended device as it has a number of improvements over the i1D1. You can find the "LT" version online for about $170.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203494\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Will.

ternst

NEC 2690 3090
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 06:18:41 am »

Duh, I meant NEC of course - my brain just hit the wrong keys when I typed it in! (the HP site is always a nightmare). I tried doing a search at the time and could only come up with the software without the puck but that was all I needed anyway so it worked out fine. I prefer using your software to the eye one.

ternst

NEC 2690 3090
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 06:25:24 am »

Paul:

Mac doesn't have a new 30" that I know of, and I waited several years for a larger one from them (hoping for a 42") but finally gave up and got the NEC. I can FEEL a new one coming from Apple though. The last time I met up with George Lepp it was when he was in LR his last time (we judged the game & fish photo contest together), and I was telling him that Apple was about to introduce the 30" cinema display which had not been announced yet. He seemed very surprised and anxious to get one on his desk where only PC stuff lived (he was about to become a closet cinema display user). Anyway the rumor mill was correct and they announced and shipped the 30" that fall and I'm sure George was first in line to get one (right after me). So I figure since Lepp is coming back to LR on Friday (and the fact I just bought the NEC), that Apple will make an announcement soon of a new, larger cinema display!

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
NEC 2690 3090
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 11:10:55 am »

Thanks Tim,

I had thought that the 30" was using the LED backlighting, but I guess it does not.  I have told that the 23" mac also used the LED backlighting.  

The NEC's seem like a good compromise between the Eizo's and Apples.  

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
NEC 2690 3090
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 11:59:21 am »

I had thought that the 30" was using the LED backlighting, but I guess it does not.  I have told that the 23" mac also used the LED backlighting. 

I don't believe any of the Apple displays OTHER than the Laptops have LED backlighting. And this isn't necessarily anything really useful (other than saving some battery power) since these are single colored LEDs, not anything at all like the NEC LED. And current colorimeter technology can have issues due to the spectral response of these black lights.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up