Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 Pano  (Read 3120 times)

MARK WALLACK

Epson 3800 Pano
« on: June 23, 2008, 07:19:10 am »

On my Epson 3800  I"m  trying to print panoramic images on sheets of 13x40 Crane paper.
I'm unable to get the print to look like the print preview.
 Printing starts well into the image, un-centered  I tried to set up the page size thru the "user defined" box but Have failed in numerous attempts.  
My "user defined" box doesn't even look like the one in the manual.

I was successful in printing pano on my 2400

I understand that the max size is 13X37.40.  My image size is 11X36.

Can anyone shed some light on my problem ?

Many Thanks,
Mark

picnic

Epson 3800 Pano
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 08:25:01 am »

On my Epson 3800  I"m  trying to print panoramic images on sheets of 13x40 Crane paper.
 Printing starts well into the image, un-centered  I tried to set up the page size thru the "user defined" box but Have failed in numerous attempts. 

I understand that the max size is 13X37.40.  My image size is 11X36.

Many Thanks,
Mark
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203020\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mark, I've only tried one pano--really just to see how well it printed and what issues I would have.

I cut a 17" by 40" sheet from a roll (I added a bit to have something to hold onto at the end/top but planned to cut it off to match other end).  I printed through Photoshop (but could have done it through Lightroom or Qimage) and did as you did--set it up in cusotm size as 15" by 37".  I have my printer so that I can lean the long papers up against the wall--so I placed the paper in the middle feed (semigloss)and gave it some support until it fed further in.  Beyond that, nothing.   I'm on my laptop away from the printer so will check my custom sizing area in printer dialog and do a printscreen and add it to the thread later in the day if you don't get more feedback before that.

Diane

MARK WALLACK

Epson 3800 Pano
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 08:40:54 am »

Quote from: picnic,Jun 23 2008, 07:25 AM
Mark, I've only tried one pano--really just to see how well it printed and what issues I would have.

I cut a 17" by 40" sheet from a roll (I added a bit to have something to hold onto at the end/top but planned to cut it off to match other end).  I printed through Photoshop (but could have done it through Lightroom or Qimage) and did as you did--set it up in cusotm size as 15" by 37".  I have my printer so that I can lean the long papers up against the wall--so I placed the paper in the middle feed (semigloss)and gave it some support until it fed further in.  Beyond that, nothing.   I'm on my laptop away from the printer so will check my custom sizing area in printer dialog and do a printscreen and add it to the thread later in the day if you don't get more feedback before that.

Diane......I would appreciate that very much !

Thanks,
Mark

picnic

Epson 3800 Pano
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 01:36:30 pm »

On my Epson 3800  I"m  trying to print panoramic images on sheets of 13x40 Crane paper.
 Printing starts well into the image, un-centered  I tried to set up the page size thru the "user defined" box but Have failed in numerous attempts. 

I understand that the max size is 13X37.40.  My image size is 11X36.

Many Thanks,
Mark
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203020\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mark,
I took a printscreen crop of the dialog box as I was setting up the number in the 'user defined' area

and then one of it showing the paper size in the box

and also one of it set up to print in Lightroom (don't know if this is helpful or not, but I used exactly the same printer dialog but it shows up in the print module in LR)

Hope this is helpful.  My 3800 was bought in Dec. 2006 when they first came out and I don't think I have upgraded drivers--maybe once.  I have had no problems printing any custom size and shouldn't think you would but sometimes it just takes one small misstep <sigh>

If anyone can help, it would probably be Eric Chan if you can catch his attention either here or at dpreview in printing forum.

Best, Diane
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 01:38:01 pm by picnic »

madmanchan

• Web
Epson 3800 Pano
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 04:15:27 pm »

What exactly is happening when you try to print the pano? How is it failing, precisely? It is cutting off part of the image?

Are you sure you are using the correct units (e.g., cm vs. inches)?
Eric Chan

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Epson 3800 Pano
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 12:00:30 am »

Well, it didn't take that long to get Eric Chans attention :-).

What exactly is happening when you try to print the pano? How is it failing, precisely? It is cutting off part of the image?

Are you sure you are using the correct units (e.g., cm vs. inches)?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203183\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 12:01:21 am by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

picnic

Epson 3800 Pano
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 08:40:00 am »

Well, it didn't take that long to get Eric Chans attention :-).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203266\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I DID notice LOL. Eric is on the ball (even with his new job).

Another thing I wondered is what feed the OP is using?  

Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up