Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100/Photoshop Printing Problem!!  (Read 4115 times)

jrdigiart

• http://
Z3100/Photoshop Printing Problem!!
« on: June 17, 2008, 12:23:01 pm »

Hello Everyone,

After cleaning my System Caches, I’m having a printing problem with my Z3100 and Photoshop CS3 on a Mac Pro (OS 10.4.11).  Custom Paper Types show up everywhere except in the “Paper Type/Quality” Print dialogue box.  For some reason ALL of my Custom Paper Types are missing, but the HP printer utility shows that they exist.  Could this information have been stored in a cache, and if so, how can I put it back?

Any suggestions on how to fix this are greatly appreciated... I really need to print a job, but I’m stuck.  

Thanks!

Joe Roselli

dkeyes

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 07:59:26 pm »

Hello Everyone,

After cleaning my System Caches, I’m having a printing problem with my Z3100 and Photoshop CS3 on a Mac Pro (OS 10.4.11).  Custom Paper Types show up everywhere except in the “Paper Type/Quality” Print dialogue box.  For some reason ALL of my Custom Paper Types are missing, but the HP printer utility shows that they exist.  Could this information have been stored in a cache, and if so, how can I put it back?

Any suggestions on how to fix this are greatly appreciated... I really need to print a job, but I’m stuck. 

Thanks!

Joe Roselli
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=202100\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I had a similar problem when I moved some folders cleaning house on the computer. I started up my computer with the OSX start up discs (like I was going to do a reinstall of the system). Didn't install anything but when I restarted the computer. My files were found/linked again.
Good Luck,
Doug

zirmedien

• http://www.zirbes.de
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 02:01:51 am »

Same here after installing a new printer driver under Vista. After synchronizing the printmedialist via color center all custom papers were found again.

jrdigiart

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 02:14:39 am »

Thanks for your replies!

I remembered that in the past when I had a different problem, the preferences were corrupted.  I trashed the print preferences, re-synced the profiles and my custom papers came back.

Hope this helps anyone else having a similar problem...

Joe Roselli

Lije

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 05:39:15 am »

I have a similar problem in that when I add a custom paper the printer sees it when I try to synchronize papers in update it doesn't work. So when I'm trying to print from photoshop it can't see the new custom paper I've added but it's in the printer utility app.
How do I go about trashing print preferences and re-syncing profiles. I may need a step by step guide to this.

Many thanks
Lije

Thanks for your replies!

I remembered that in the past when I had a different problem, the preferences were corrupted.  I trashed the print preferences, re-synced the profiles and my custom papers came back.

Hope this helps anyone else having a similar problem...

Joe Roselli
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=202199\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 06:04:05 pm »

I'm on a Mac, but have the same problem since updating to the latest HP PPD (I have the GP model with Postscript).  HP has been unable to help me with it, but falls back on the line of "we haven't had that issue reported before, so we are not going to work on a fix unless we get a lot of complaints".  I urge those of you reporting this and similar problems to let the Tech Support people hear about your issues.
Best of luck,
Ron H.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

Lije

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 02:39:32 am »

I have reported this to HP. I was on the phone for hours with them (Ireland Support) all they sould suggest was to remove and re-install both drivers and printer utilitiy several times to no effect . They even suggested I did a system restore to a previous date, that had no effect. They suggested that something in the registry keys may be stopping that. I've had that looked at by an expert but no joy either. I am now left with a product that I can add new custom papers too but can't synchronise my 'update paper' in the utility.  

I'm on a Mac, but have the same problem since updating to the latest HP PPD (I have the GP model with Postscript).  HP has been unable to help me with it, but falls back on the line of "we haven't had that issue reported before, so we are not going to work on a fix unless we get a lot of complaints".  I urge those of you reporting this and similar problems to let the Tech Support people hear about your issues.
Best of luck,
Ron H.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208769\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 01:47:22 pm »

I am now left with a product that I can add new custom papers too but can't synchronise my 'update paper' in the utility.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209064\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have no idea if this will help you, being on a PC, but the work around for me that allows me to manage my paper profiles, is to connect my printer directly instead of over an ethernet network.  I temporarily have to hook my printer up directly with USB and add new papers that way, then switch back to a network connection after that.  It is a PITA introduced by the most recent HP software.
You might, at least, give this a try.
Best of luck,
Ron H.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up