Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 Media List message  (Read 4050 times)

brianrybolt

HP Z3100 Media List message
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:40:57 am »

I keep getting this irritating message "New revision of media list" (see below) and I am not able to rid myself of it.  Spoke to HP and they said to upgrade my firmware which I did but it still persists.

Has anyone had this problem and if so how can I stop this message reoccurring?  This notice appears about every 10 minutes.

Thanks is advance,
Brian[attachment=7074:attachment]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:43:30 am by brianrybolt »

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 03:52:17 pm »

I keep getting this irritating message "New revision of media list" (see below) and I am not able to rid myself of it.  Spoke to HP and they said to upgrade my firmware which I did but it still persists.

Has anyone had this problem and if so how can I stop this message reoccurring?  This notice appears about every 10 minutes.

Thanks is advance,
Brian[attachment=7074:attachment]
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Shouldn't that not disappear if you update/correlate the media list of the printer with your driver's list ? In  short go to Printer Utility and use the function for it.

Ernst Dinkla

Try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]

Mark Potter

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 06:18:35 pm »

I keep getting this irritating message "New revision of media list" (see below) and I am not able to rid myself of it.  Spoke to HP and they said to upgrade my firmware which I did but it still persists.

Has anyone had this problem and if so how can I stop this message reoccurring?  This notice appears about every 10 minutes.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=202074\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I had the same thing happen AFTER upgrading to the new firmware. looks like I started some kind of HP application that now tracks things with the printer?

I could never figure out how to make it stop, Mine was popping up every few minutes but I went to the info in that same window (one of the icons in the upper right of the window) and changed the notifiy to 1 day so it's at least not in my face every few minutes as doing what it wants does not get ride of it.

Good luck.

mrenters

• http://www.teckelworks.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 12:49:13 pm »

I'm glad I'm not the only one going crazy with these messages.  I just turned off the HP status monitoring for the printer on my Mac and now I don't get the messages anymore.

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 04:49:11 pm »

I'm glad I'm not the only one going crazy with these messages.  I just turned off the HP status monitoring for the printer on my Mac and now I don't get the messages anymore.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=202262\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Same here.  As best I can tell, it serves no real purpose other than to annoy the user.  I can only assume that it works better in Windows than on a Mac.
-Ron H.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

brianrybolt

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 10:57:11 am »

I had the same thing happen AFTER upgrading to the new firmware. looks like I started some kind of HP application that now tracks things with the printer?

I could never figure out how to make it stop, Mine was popping up every few minutes but I went to the info in that same window (one of the icons in the upper right of the window) and changed the notifiy to 1 day so it's at least not in my face every few minutes as doing what it wants does not get ride of it.

Good luck.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=202147\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Mark, now it's only once a day!

Brian

brianrybolt

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 10:59:39 am »

I'm glad I'm not the only one going crazy with these messages.  I just turned off the HP status monitoring for the printer on my Mac and now I don't get the messages anymore.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=202262\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for that Ron.  Does turning off the HP Status monitoring affect anything other than the Message?

Cheers,
Brian

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 02:18:58 pm »

Thanks for that Ron.  Does turning off the HP Status monitoring affect anything other than the Message?

Cheers,
Brian
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=202401\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Surprisingly, the added benefit of turning the Status Monitor off is that my printer now sleeps right again.  After the latest software install, it refused to got to sleep anymore.  HP Tech Support had me try various things to sort it out, but finally had no answer.  Apparently the constant query process from the status monitor was causing the problem and my printer was not sleeping at all.
All of the things it checks on I can keep an eye on I can monitor myself through the Printer Utility.  I don't have too many "OMG, I'm out of ink!" moments, as usage is pretty easy to keep track of.
-Ron H.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

Chris Meyer

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 05:12:40 pm »

Quote from: mrenters
I'm glad I'm not the only one going crazy with these messages.  I just turned off the HP status monitoring for the printer on my Mac and now I don't get the messages anymore.

Excuse my ignorance as a new z3100 owner, but _how_ do you turn of "HP Status Monitoring"? A search of the user guide does not turn up "status monitor" or "status monitoring", nor does a round of poking through all of the obvious options in the HP Printer Utility. I too have been getting that message and it's driving me nuts!

BTW, I'm a new forum member, but not new to reading LL - it's informed several of my purchase decisions over the years, including leaving Epson behind (I'm a long-suffering former 4000 owner) and giving HP a whirl. Things to relearn/unlearn, but initial print results look promising...

thanks -
Chris

garyfcampbell

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 02:44:16 pm »

Quote from: Chris Meyer
Excuse my ignorance as a new z3100 owner, but _how_ do you turn of "HP Status Monitoring"? A search of the user guide does not turn up "status monitor" or "status monitoring", nor does a round of poking through all of the obvious options in the HP Printer Utility. I too have been getting that message and it's driving me nuts!

BTW, I'm a new forum member, but not new to reading LL - it's informed several of my purchase decisions over the years, including leaving Epson behind (I'm a long-suffering former 4000 owner) and giving HP a whirl. Things to relearn/unlearn, but initial print results look promising...

thanks -
Chris

Go to the HP Printer Monitor's Preferences dialog when it is displaying the error, or you can run it from applications/utilities/hp/hp printer monitor.

It allows you to enable or disable monitoring and/or notifications, and/or proactive support.

Pages: [1]   Go Up