Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: processing mark iii raw  (Read 1702 times)

ed35

processing mark iii raw
« on: June 14, 2008, 11:03:02 pm »

I shot a few shots w my new 1ds mark III but I cant open them in CS2; am getting message its the wrong kind of document.  I shot it in raw.  I can view it in photo mechanic.  When I list the file contents in photoshop I see the usual cr2 image icon and a list in this form:  3x5t0001.  But when I click to open I get that message.  what am I doing wrong?  Thanks!

Panopeeper

processing mark iii raw
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 11:18:46 pm »

The ACR versions are dedicated to Photoshop versions. The MkIII is supported by ACR 4.x, which required CS3 or Lightroom whatever.

If you want to wait for CS4 (which is allegedly not far away), then convert the files in DNG format; that will be accepted by ACR 3.x as well.

Adobe's DNG converter is free. You need the newest version, which supports your camera. You can't download it alone; it comes only in a package with ACR. Download the package and throw away ACR 4.4.

The handling is easy, the process is fast. However, I recommend to archive the original raw file, not the DNG.

When working with ACR, the adjustments can be saved either in sidecar files (XMP) or in the ACR database; stay clear of the latter (I have not worked with ACR 3, but I guess this was the way earlier as well).
Gabor
Pages: [1]   Go Up