Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS3 - Scratch Disk Question?  (Read 5818 times)

Dinarius

CS3 - Scratch Disk Question?
« on: June 13, 2008, 02:49:37 am »

I have cleared one of my 500Gb internal drives in order to allocate it exclusively to CS3.

In CS3/Edit/Preferences/Plug-Ins, I have ticked the box Additional Plug-Ins Folder and browsed to this clean drive.

Question: In CS3/Edit/Preferences/Performance the Scratch Disks box list this drive along with my C drive and one other.

Since I have allocated this drive under Plug-Ins, should I now untick the box next to it in Performance?

Thanks.

D.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 03:19:38 am »

Since I have allocated this drive under Plug-Ins, should I now untick the box next to it in Performance?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201303\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

My understanding is that the performance tab is where you should select your drive to asign it as scratch disk.

Regards,
Bernard

geotzo

• http://www.georgetzortzis.com
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 08:34:08 am »

I have cleared one of my 500Gb internal drives in order to allocate it exclusively to CS3.

In CS3/Edit/Preferences/Plug-Ins, I have ticked the box Additional Plug-Ins Folder and browsed to this clean drive.

Question: In CS3/Edit/Preferences/Performance the Scratch Disks box list this drive along with my C drive and one other.

Thanks.

D.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201303\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The question is not really clear, but if you re asking if you should assign the hard drive containing plug ins as a Scratch disk, then I would say No. You should better assign a hard drive with no use, other than being the Photoshop scratch disk. If the size of that disk is 500gb as you say, then I d say you need no second scratch disk.

Langsey

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 09:45:19 pm »

I have two scratch disks of about 50gb each. Each are on different disks in their own partition. They need to be on separate disks from the program. You don't need 500gb for a scratch disk. A lot of wasted disk space you could for storage, etc.

John
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 09:47:43 pm by Langsey »

Dinarius

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 06:30:05 am »

Just for the record:

After all my adjustments to my system, I ran the Retouch Artists speed test and it averages 83 seconds. Apparently, this is pretty good.

The Nvidia driver upgrade has made a *huge* difference.

D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up