Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hahnemuhle fineart pearl 285gm on HP Z3100  (Read 3659 times)

thomas_moran

Hahnemuhle fineart pearl 285gm on HP Z3100
« on: June 12, 2008, 02:06:30 pm »

I'm the proud new owner of a z3100 that I picked up after Michael posted about the cheap prices here in Canada. So far I've only played with the sample roll that came with the printer and I could not be happier! Its super easy to make ICC profiles and the integration with lightroom is really well done. My question now is what driver settings do I need to use for the roll of Hahnemuhle fineart pearl 285gm that I just picked up before I profile it? I've been on the z3100 wiki and poked around and can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy printing.

Thomas

brianrybolt

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 04:42:17 am »

I'm the proud new owner of a z3100 that I picked up after Michael posted about the cheap prices here in Canada. So far I've only played with the sample roll that came with the printer and I could not be happier! Its super easy to make ICC profiles and the integration with lightroom is really well done. My question now is what driver settings do I need to use for the roll of Hahnemuhle fineart pearl 285gm that I just picked up before I profile it? I've been on the z3100 wiki and poked around and can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy printing.

Thomas
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Take a look at HP's Technical Newsletter:  Working with Other Commercially-available Paper HP Designjet Z2100 and Z3100 Photo Printer Series.  Pages 7 & 8 seem most relevant.  LINK:  [a href=\"http://z3100users.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/Z2100_and_Z3100_Working_with_other_commercially-available_paper_6.0.0.8.pdf]http://z3100users.wikispaces.com/space/sho...per_6.0.0.8.pdf[/url]

I paid about twice as much for the same printer less than a month ago.  Rip Off Britian!!

Good luck,

Brian

equiason

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 09:40:27 pm »

Take a look at HP's Technical Newsletter:  Working with Other Commercially-available Paper HP Designjet Z2100 and Z3100 Photo Printer Series.  Pages 7 & 8 seem most relevant.  LINK:  http://z3100users.wikispaces.com/space/sho...per_6.0.0.8.pdf

I paid about twice as much for the same printer less than a month ago.  Rip Off Britian!!

Good luck,

Brian
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201318\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can go to the Hahnemuhle website and download the ICC profile for the paper.  Then use the HP Printer Utility to install the profile.  Thus, you don't have to create the profile using your z3100.  You will be asked to calibrate the printer with the paper though.

Eric

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 04:19:02 am »

I'll be interested to see how you get on with this paper as I could never get it to print without headstrikes (larger dark prints were the main problem), even with the revised paper setup HP came up with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up