Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Printer Utility Setup icon  (Read 2364 times)

Min

• http://www.MinEnghauser.com
Z3100 Printer Utility Setup icon
« on: June 12, 2008, 12:08:40 pm »

Wow, thats gotta be the most painless firmware and driver upgrade ive ever done on my Z3100! All went smoothly but i now have a set up exe file on my desktop...its the actual program, so it tells me when i try to dump it. Any one else have this? Is it because i unzipped on my desktop?

Running XP pro

thanks

Min

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 09:36:37 am »

Wow, thats gotta be the most painless firmware and driver upgrade ive ever done on my Z3100! All went smoothly but i now have a set up exe file on my desktop...its the actual program, so it tells me when i try to dump it. Any one else have this? Is it because i unzipped on my desktop?

Running XP pro

thanks

Min
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201158\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Correct.
I would just save it to a peripheral hard drive back-up folder for a rainy day. My son (God bless 'im) just trashed my desktop Registry by trying to download images onto a malignantly incompatible USB thumb drive, and I had to re-install everything. It's a lot easier when you have all the relevant drivers saved.

peteh

• http://
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 05:54:50 pm »

Running XP pro

thanks

Min
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201158\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
TRY to create a directory called: what ever you want to call it ,on your hard drive, let's call it: HP driver update new, then unzip to it.Then install from the EXE or whatever its call, maybe install.Install it and then leave the unzipped file behind and delete the rest.Try not to unzip anything to your desktop, it is just that is can leave a mess o stuff there.The "Desktop is just another dir. on C:\ or is that/ ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up