Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7880 and Color Munki ?  (Read 3063 times)

sbuttrick

Epson 7880 and Color Munki ?
« on: June 11, 2008, 12:39:32 pm »

I have a new Epson 7880 and was about to buy a ColorMunki to create my own profiles.  When I spoke with the salesman from my supplier he said that the ColorMunki profiles may actually limit what the 7880 print is capable of producing.  

Does this make sense?  Does anyone have any experience with ColorMunki profiles for the Epson 7880/9880 series printers?  Any help would be appreciated.

Scott
Best Regards
 Scott  www.luminous-vista.c

sbuttrick

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 06:48:35 am »

I have a new Epson 7880 and was about to buy a ColorMunki to create my own profiles.  When I spoke with the salesman from my supplier he said that the ColorMunki profiles may actually limit what the 7880 print is capable of producing. 

Does this make sense?  Does anyone have any experience with ColorMunki profiles for the Epson 7880/9880 series printers?  Any help would be appreciated.

Scott
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=200931\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Anyone??
Best Regards

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 10:05:17 am »

I have a new Epson 7880 and was about to buy a ColorMunki to create my own profiles.  When I spoke with the salesman from my supplier he said that the ColorMunki profiles may actually limit what the 7880 print is capable of producing. 

Does this make sense?  Does anyone have any experience with ColorMunki profiles for the Epson 7880/9880 series printers?  Any help would be appreciated.

Scott
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=200931\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It makes no sense at all and in fact, I was able to build quite nice profiles with it on my 7880.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

sbuttrick

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 12:20:08 pm »

It makes no sense at all and in fact, I was able to build quite nice profiles with it on my 7880.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201123\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Andrew.  Their comment was that "profiles from the ColorMunki would not be able to use the full potential capable from the printer".  It seems to me that if the ColorMunki is capable of producing good profiles in general that it wouldn't be printer specific.  All I know is that the canned profiles aren't close and my display matches the output from my Epson 2400 almost perfectly.
Best Regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up