Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP DreamColor LP2480zx  (Read 6013 times)

bryanyc

HP DreamColor LP2480zx
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 08:03:49 pm »

OK, I've seen the links to this rather uncomely monitor.

The paucity of objective info and reviews is kind of surprising (or not).

Can anyone compare this monitor to the top of the line Eizo's.

Software: does it work on a mac?  I can't seem to see the calibrator shown anywhere.

Data about the uniformity and so on?

More info on the lcd screen compared to the Eizo's would be useful.

Anyone have more info it would be appreciated.

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
HP DreamColor LP2480zx
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 01:59:45 am »

To that end, HP considered the needs of one its biggest clients and partners, DreamWorks, and set out developing a new technology that will offer 30-bit color reproduction (billions of colors) on LED-based, RGB-backlit displays.

Prior to the HP's endeavor, DreamWorks was using CRT, because that's the only display technology that would give them the color calibration, black levels, white levels, etc. that would meet their needs.

Prior to the Hp's eneavor, for a couple of years there was a good, old Nec Reference 21 (2180WG-LED). Did I miss something, or was it featuring exactly the same "NEW" technology (that was offering 30bit color on RGB LED with S-IPS matrix)?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 02:01:16 am by Czornyj »
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
HP DreamColor LP2480zx
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 10:48:22 am »

Prior to the Hp's eneavor, for a couple of years there was a good, old Nec Reference 21 (2180WG-LED). Did I miss something, or was it featuring exactly the same "NEW" technology (that was offering 30bit color on RGB LED with S-IPS matrix)?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=200870\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Both monitors are similar in that they are both LED backlit and expensive.

ATI/AMD currently has a video card line capable of producing 10bit output to the monitor.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 09:48:46 pm by jerryrock »
Gerald J Skrocki

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
HP DreamColor LP2480zx
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 11:29:00 am »

Both monitors are similar in that they are both LED backlit and expensive. The NEC 2180 was a 10bit monitor while the HP claims 30bit.

ATI/AMD currently has a video card line capable of producing 30bit output to the monitor.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=200909\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually, NEC was a 3x10bit monitor, so it also was 30bit. I'm sure that HP is 30 bit in the same matter of sense - the information says about "billion of colors", and 3x30bit panel would have much more.

I'm afraid that 30 bit output video card doesn't change anything, as long as it is not supported by applications (like Photoshop) and OS.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa
Pages: [1]   Go Up