Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Black spots on proofs  (Read 1810 times)

Bondi_dan

Z3100 Black spots on proofs
« on: June 10, 2008, 07:06:58 am »

Hi Forum,

Great advice in the past, so BIG THANKS.

Z3100 has been in for a while. I see that I get black spots on the print that correspond with the ink head travel direction.

Through this forum I learned about the ink pads and have removed and cleaned them. Still I had some black smudge/strip/drop marks after that.

Removed the MK/R and PK/LG print heads and saw quite a build up of ink which I cleaned.

At the right end of the printer where the print heads rest I can see a little residue of all colours on a flat plate to the right of the ink pads. Do the heads touch this or it is simply gravity doing it's work?

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Is there a simple work around or preventative measure?

Thanks in advance,

Dan Wilson
Dublin, Ireland

Ernst Dinkla

Z3100 Black spots on proofs
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 07:15:59 am »

Hi Forum,

Great advice in the past, so BIG THANKS.

Z3100 has been in for a while. I see that I get black spots on the print that correspond with the ink head travel direction.

Through this forum I learned about the ink pads and have removed and cleaned them. Still I had some black smudge/strip/drop marks after that.

Removed the MK/R and PK/LG print heads and saw quite a build up of ink which I cleaned.

At the right end of the printer where the print heads rest I can see a little residue of all colours on a flat plate to the right of the ink pads. Do the heads touch this or it is simply gravity doing it's work?

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Is there a simple work around or preventative measure?

Thanks in advance,

Dan Wilson
Dublin, Ireland
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I clean that plate too when issues like that happen (twice in 15 months). The build up seems more related to longer periods of idleness than normal printer use. I think the heads on the plate or are very close when in rest. Much simpler construction than on the Epson printers.

Ernst Dinkla

Try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 07:19:42 am by Ernst Dinkla »
Pages: [1]   Go Up