Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom & Camera Raw Tutorial  (Read 5313 times)

vaphoto

• vaphoto site
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom & Camera Raw Tutorial
« on: June 08, 2008, 05:30:51 pm »

If I mostly use Lightroom and have the Lightroom tutorials is there a reason I would also need the Camera Raw tutorial.
Thanks
Vaphoto
Bob
vaphoto

The View

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 06:09:38 pm »

No, you don't. Camera Raw is what is the image processing core of Lightroom.

The Lightroom tutorial covers more than just Image processing, like image management, printing, and publishing on the web.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

Tklimek

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 08:59:12 pm »

Hmmmm....I was thinking the same thing.  Looking at the Camera Raw tutorial; it looks (to me) that this may provide a more indepth look at the various options/sliders and their effects on your image.  I'm thinking about purchased the ACR tutorial even though I don't have ACR because I think (maybe someone can confirm) that the tools (sliders, options, etc) are similar enough to learn more from the ACR tutorial in terms on processing an image.  I love the Lightroom tutorial but I also think that it probably a heck of a lot of ground that was NOT directly related to the processing of RAW files.

My .02...any comments or suggestions?

Cheers...

Todd

If I mostly use Lightroom and have the Lightroom tutorials is there a reason I would also need the Camera Raw tutorial.
Thanks
Vaphoto
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=200469\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

KeithR

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 09:46:31 am »

Hmmmm....I was thinking the same thing.  Looking at the Camera Raw tutorial; it looks (to me) that this may provide a more indepth look at the various options/sliders and their effects on your image.  I'm thinking about purchased the ACR tutorial even though I don't have ACR because I think (maybe someone can confirm) that the tools (sliders, options, etc) are similar enough to learn more from the ACR tutorial in terms on processing an image.  I love the Lightroom tutorial but I also think that it probably a heck of a lot of ground that was NOT directly related to the processing of RAW files.

My .02...any comments or suggestions?

Cheers...

Todd
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201013\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you have Photoshop CS, CS2, or CS3, you have ACR. It cannot be purchased as a stand alone. As far as the tutorials are concerned, yes they are similar in that CS3 and Lightroom are similar but there are some(abit few) differences. The original LR tutorial covered 1.0(with an update for 1.1) and at the time ACR was at 3.x The ACR tutorial covers ACR 4.3 and there were a few modifications made to the programs in between that made the tutorials worth while. With the next version of LR coming due sometime this fall(and probably CS4 meaning a change to ACR as well) the new tutorial that will be released will also be worthwhile.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 08:34:01 pm »

I bought them both for 2 reasons: They are great and to support the LL web site.

The Camera to Print tutorial is also worth the investment. I've watched them all several times and I learn new stuff each time.

Bud James
North Wales, PA.
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

KeithR

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 08:51:59 pm »

I bought them both for 2 reasons: They are great and to support the LL web site.

The Camera to Print tutorial is also worth the investment. I've watched them all several times and I learn new stuff each time.

Bud James
North Wales, PA.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201261\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'll second that!
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

Tklimek

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 08:35:13 pm »

I also went ahead and purchased the ACR video.  

I do not have Photoshop (only Elements), so I do not have camera raw.

I'm hoping to learn more from this tutorial than from the Lightroom tutorial on the correct use of curves, historgrams, etc.

I've only looked at the first two videos and believe this was a good purchase.

I too like to support LL as well, but think this will increase my overall knowledge about RAW processing.

Cheers....

TK

I'll second that!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201264\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

keithrsmith

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 03:40:48 am »

If you have elements 5 or 6 you can do camera raw - you don't get all of the controls cpmpared to full photoshop but it is 16 bit.  An important feature is that it allows curves that can be revisited.

Keith

I also went ahead and purchased the ACR video. 

I do not have Photoshop (only Elements), so I do not have camera raw.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201475\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Tklimek

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 02:51:34 pm »

Cool....I was not aware of that!

Cheers....

TK

If you have elements 5 or 6 you can do camera raw - you don't get all of the controls cpmpared to full photoshop but it is 16 bit.  An important feature is that it allows curves that can be revisited.

Keith
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201506\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up