Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone used /using Epson Backlight media?  (Read 2908 times)

titusbear

• http://contemplativeeye.com
Has anyone used /using Epson Backlight media?
« on: June 07, 2008, 07:56:13 pm »

Has anyone used Epson Backlight Media for 'lightbox'-type prints? I'm interested in trying it for digital artwork - but wonder about the durability /scratch-resistance of the material. Any info /insights would be greatly appreciated.

titusbear

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 12:36:50 pm »

Has anyone used Epson Backlight Media for 'lightbox'-type prints? I'm interested in trying it for digital artwork - but wonder about the durability /scratch-resistance of the material. Any info /insights would be greatly appreciated.

titusbear
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=200355\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Haven't used the Epson material, but do use LexJet backlight material. Seems about as durable as paper prints. Looks best on low illumination light boxes; if it's too bright, the blacks wash out.
http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi

robmaci

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 02:25:46 pm »

Quote from: Rob Reiter
Haven't used the Epson material, but do use LexJet backlight material. Seems about as durable as paper prints. Looks best on low illumination light boxes; if it's too bright, the blacks wash out.

I recently bought a HP z3100 and wanted to print onto backlit film for lightboxes.  I talked to a few people who said that the Kodak stuff was actually the best.  I bought sample rolls of both Kodak Universal Backlit 8m  and Kodak Reversal Backlit.  Both worked well but look contrasty and grainy, especially when compared to the Duratrans.  Honestly, it's fairly good (about 80% of the quality of Duratrans) but no replacement for the real thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up