Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Travel photography - Critiques welcome  (Read 3625 times)

wson2

Travel photography - Critiques welcome
« on: June 07, 2008, 03:25:38 am »

It is my first post here. Most photos were taken by Contax 645 - Feedbacks and Critiques welcome!

http://wilson.fr/

Cheers.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 02:28:54 pm »

Some nice work there... could do w/o the landing page; it's an unnecessary step.  And navigation isn't very intuitive, although it didn't take very long to figure out.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

wson2

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 12:22:00 am »

Thanks Mike for your comments. I intended to make the navigation experience simple and unique ... but I probably need to work harder to make it more "user-friendly" as well

Cheers.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 05:25:11 am »

Thanks Mike for your comments. I intended to make the navigation experience simple and unique ... but I probably need to work harder to make it more "user-friendly" as well

Cheers.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=200387\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
"Simple" is good, but "unique" is very unlikely to be "user-friendly"! Why force a visitor to your site to interact with it in a way which is different from the methods he uses for other sites? Why distract his attention from your photographs by making him learn a new way of working?

There was a pseudo-commandment in currency when I used to write software in C. I forget the exact text, but it enjoined programmers to use a particular style, "for thy creativity is better used in solving problems than in creating beautiful new impediments to understanding". I used to ignore it, of course, because when I was 21 I knew better. I don't think my view would be the same now.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up