Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which shift?  (Read 2375 times)

Aboud

• http://www.abouddweck.com
Which shift?
« on: June 04, 2008, 04:44:51 pm »

I have been using a Nikon 28 PC with a Canon adaptor, it is OK, but has some drawbacks. I've read the 24MM TSE from Canon has some sharpness issues, and now there is a Schneider 28MM PC type lens available, which I would assume has nice glass. The trouble is it is over 2K. Finally, Nikon now has a new 24MM shifting PC lens (around 1800) that looks good on paper. I wonder if it could be adapted with a Novaflex to the Canon (I am using the 1Ds III) and if it is worth the money. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Aboud

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Which shift?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 04:54:05 pm »

Apparently it needs an electrical signal from the camera (it's an E lens, not a G lens)  and without this the aperture ring will not work, so this will be lost when moving it from a Nikon body.  Check Fred Miranda, there has been discussion between Mark Welsh and Bo-Ming.  No-one has a solution yet, and there is no discussion about trying to find one.

The 28mm Schneider gets mixed reviews.  I made inquiries about getting one for conversion to tilt only (Zoerk offer this), but from what I could tell it suffers from CA and is at least a little soft at full shifts (which I assume would be about the same for full tilt).  They do appear used though and you may be able to buy one and resell it if it doesn't meet your requirements.  You could search for that string in FM as well.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Which shift?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 08:03:47 pm »

Apparently it needs an electrical signal from the camera (it's an E lens, not a G lens)  and without this the aperture ring will not work, so this will be lost when moving it from a Nikon body.  Check Fred Miranda, there has been discussion between Mark Welsh and Bo-Ming.  No-one has a solution yet, and there is no discussion about trying to find one.

The 28mm Schneider gets mixed reviews.  I made inquiries about getting one for conversion to tilt only (Zoerk offer this), but from what I could tell it suffers from CA and is at least a little soft at full shifts (which I assume would be about the same for full tilt).  They do appear used though and you may be able to buy one and resell it if it doesn't meet your requirements.  You could search for that string in FM as well.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=199744\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've given up on the hope of a sharp *wide* shift SLR lens - 35 or MF. I wish someone at the manufacturers would get it ...

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: [1]   Go Up