Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cookbook Portfolio  (Read 2167 times)

jacunivac

Cookbook Portfolio
« on: June 02, 2008, 04:57:49 pm »

OK funky dudes, I'm not just a graphic guy I'm also a wine and food guy. I have a chance to present to one of the biggest publishers my wine and food pairing cookbook titled, "Breaking All the Rules." A red wine with fish approach to wine and food pairing. In stead of just supplying a bunch of recipes for my presentation I have created a 20 page presentation full of graphics, done in Illustrator and Photoshop and printed on my Z3100.

I will be presenting my cookbook in two weeks. I want something killer to show it in that works well in a one on one presentation meeting. I represent about 12 North California wineries and will be featuring them as well. I need some great ideas. If I get the deal it's free wine for everyone!!!

Thanks,

Jack

Craig Murphy

• http://www.murphyphotography.com
Cookbook Portfolio
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 01:05:44 pm »

If you can do it quick a Lost-Luggage portfolio case would be nice.
CMurph

mmurph

• http://
Cookbook Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 04:45:41 pm »

If you can do it quick a Lost-Luggage portfolio case would be nice.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=199568\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree. That was my first thought also.

We just had a recent thread on portfolio presentation.  The sample image of the Lost Luggage portfolio with pre-scored and punched Moab Entrada paper is worth looking at.  Very claen and professional presentation. Then spend some time browsing on their web site:

www.lost-luggage.com

I persoanlly prefer the felt portfolio cases that they have, but there are many options. The leather may be nice in the context of food - almost like a menu.

Other than that, the "next step up" would be a custom bound book and a custom cover made by a bookbinder.

Not sure what quantity you need, but Lost Luggage can consult and design a custom product with you.  At a minimum they can do an etch or silkscreen.  Not cheap, but it sounds like your market knows quality ....

Good luck!  Post pics of the finished product.

Best,
Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up