Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 printhead replacement  (Read 5508 times)

Roscolo

Z3100 printhead replacement
« on: June 02, 2008, 03:13:42 am »

Just got a message to replace one of my printheads on my z3100. Also got a message to reseat the same printhead.

As I don't have a printhead on hand, I just pulled it out and put it back in and that is getting me by.

Looked on ITSupplies website (which really needs some work) and don't see z3100 printheads on there anywhere. Any suggestions on a good source?

I've been printing since May with my z, doesn't get daily use, but I have had some serious runs of 32x40 prints. Anyone else have a timeline on when the z started telling you to replace a printhead?

As always, thanks.

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 07:52:06 am »

DTGweb has the printheads for $59 each.
Regards,
Ron

ternst

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 08:27:41 am »

If you've only had the printer for a month you should not need a new printhead - call HP support and perhaps they will supply a new one. I've had mine for almost a year and done quite a bit of printing and only replaced one so far.

Printheads are $46 at Provantage.com...

Roscolo

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 08:31:07 am »

If you've only had the printer for a month you should not need a new printhead - call HP support and perhaps they will supply a new one. I've had mine for almost a year and done quite a bit of printing and only replaced one so far.

Printheads are $46 at Provantage.com...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=199352\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've had it since May of 2007. Printheads say they are still in warranty through Sep. 2008.

Is it worth trying to get HP to replace them, or should I just buy them? Looks like I need to replace Y-M and GE-G.

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 10:09:07 am »

I've had no problem geting HP to replace a printhead. They asked if I had run the test print and if I had done a head cleaning which I had. Then they had me remove the problem print head and dab it on a slightly wet lint free cloth to wet clean the head and run another cleaning and test print. When the test print still showed issues, they sent me a new one next day air at no charge.

Jim
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 12:14:58 pm »

Be sure to check the contacts on the back of the printhead, as well as the corresponding ones inside the printer, to make sure that there is no ink buildup on them.  Clean the contacts the same way that you clean the printhead itself.  Coffee filters seem to be HPs suggestion, but lint free is the most important thing.  Dirty contacts, from ink blowback, will show the same symptoms as a faulty printhead.
-Ron H.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up