Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wacom Tablet  (Read 8999 times)

dwdallam

• http://www.dwdallam.com
Wacom Tablet
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 05:51:32 am »

I went through today and learned the tablet I received a few days ago, since I have some editing coming up. WOW. This is probably my best investment overall, meaning saving my arm from RS. This is a wonderful tool and it is a tool, not a toy. I didn't even realize I was avoiding editing because my arm was hurting. Very nice.

For anyone thinking about buying one for whatever reason--do it. You will not regret it. It's fast too. You can make selections with the free form selection tools very precise and fast.

picnic

Wacom Tablet
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 08:03:50 am »

I went through today and learned the tablet I received a few days ago, since I have some editing coming up. WOW. This is probably my best investment overall, meaning saving my arm from RS. This is a wonderful tool and it is a tool, not a toy. I didn't even realize I was avoiding editing because my arm was hurting. Very nice.

For anyone thinking about buying one for whatever reason--do it. You will not regret it. It's fast too. You can make selections with the free form selection tools very precise and fast.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201321\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Terrific, aren't they?!?   I have used an Intuos for years--on my second one as my first was serial and drivers weren't available anymore.  I just bought a small Wacom Bamboo Fun  for my laptop also where I don't even do any photographic work (well I may fiddle around a bit when traveling) just for the ergonomics over a mouse.  I had/have an old Graphire that I used to use on location but gave that to my spouse a few years ago and he wouldn't part with it---and he tried a large number of mouses (mice?? LOL)--balls, etc.  

Then--for editing, I can't imagine not using one.  They make a huge difference in what you can do precisely.

Diane
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 08:05:00 am by picnic »

framah

Wacom Tablet
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 09:58:56 am »

I have been scanning in a bunch of old lantern slides of Yellowstone (taken around 1900) and they need serious retouching! The tablet has been a lifesaver for me!!! The ability to litely touch a spot and poof, it's gone is great.  I'd be a hand cripple by now if not for the Wacom tablet.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up