Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External editor problem?  (Read 3011 times)

sidfrisby

• http://www.sidfrisby.co.uk
External editor problem?
« on: May 29, 2008, 11:38:20 am »

Hi all

I have also posted this on LR2 forum without result yet.

I have just started to try LR2.0 and am very pleased with the changes especially the speed improvement. I have come across one thing that is different to LR 1.4 and need some advice. In 1.4 after editing in external editor the resulting tiff was incorporated in the LR database and was available in the library. In 2.0 I now have to go to the source folder and import the tiff. Is this by design or is there some thing I need to do to achieve the same result as 1.4?

I am running Windows Vista with 2G ram.

Best wishes

Sid Frisby
[span style='font-family:Arial'][span st

Richowens

External editor problem?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 03:38:07 pm »

Sid,

Here is my response to your post on the 2.0Beta Forum

Hi Sid,
The behavior has not changed between 1.4 and 2.0. With the photo selected I hit CTRL-E and the program writes a copy into the catalogue and opens it in PS. When I am done with my PS edits I close the photo and choose to save the changes made. The changes then show up on the copy in LR. I do choose "Edit a copy with LR changes" in the "Edit In Photoshop" dialogue that opens.

HTH

Rich

francofit

• http://
External editor problem?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 02:16:15 am »

Hi all

I have also posted this on LR2 forum without result yet.

I have just started to try LR2.0 and am very pleased with the changes especially the speed improvement. I have come across one thing that is different to LR 1.4 and need some advice. In 1.4 after editing in external editor the resulting tiff was incorporated in the LR database and was available in the library. In 2.0 I now have to go to the source folder and import the tiff. Is this by design or is there some thing I need to do to achieve the same result as 1.4?

I am running Windows Vista with 2G ram.

Best wishes

Sid Frisby
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198761\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

May be... may be you have come across one of the known issues documented in "lightroom2_b1_releasenotes.pdf" which will be corrected in the final 2.0 release, like this one:
<< Open in Photoshop CS3 as a smart object will not save the file back into Lightroom automatically >>.
Franco
Pages: [1]   Go Up