Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar Hy6 in the UK  (Read 2958 times)

Arminw

• http://www.arminweisheit.com
Sinar Hy6 in the UK
« on: May 29, 2008, 07:37:04 am »

Hello to everybody reading this thread .

I have finally narrowed down my choice of digital medium format cameras, and now I m left  with two brands to make up my mind.

My eyes are on a H3d II 31/39MP or a Sinar Hy6 54LV / 75LV . Once I have made up my mind, which brand to marry I’ll choose the back.

I am really interested in the Hy6, but there seems to be no one dealing with it here in london , and when I ring the only company Image2output, which is dealing with Sinar products here in the uk, I can’t even get the person in charge to get back to me, which makes me wonder what the after-sale support is like ?
With Hasselblad I have a great relationship with the Pro Centre here in london and they have been bending backwards and forwards to help and assist .

I wondered if there is a fellow photographer on here who is based  in the UK / London area  and who is shooting with a Sinar product , or even Hy6, and could help and advice me on how the actual system is performing and what the support here in the uk is like ?

Any input would be welcome and highly appreciated.

Armin
You can't depend on your eyes when your

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Sinar Hy6 in the UK
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 09:33:06 am »

Dear Armin,

I do not know who you have contacted at Image 2 Output in the UK, but they usually get back to requests.

I have informed them about your post here and I can also suggest you to contact and ask for Trevor Waring or you can even contact their representative here on LL, member "edwinb" via PM or email or contact him directly at Image 2 Output:

Edwin Blenkinsopp
Technical Manager
image2output
m: +44 (0) 7836 674749
e: edwin.blenkinsopp@image2output.com
w: www.image2output.com

Let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Thierry

Hello to everybody reading this thread .

I have finally narrowed down my choice of digital medium format cameras, and now I m left  with two brands to make up my mind.

My eyes are on a H3d II 31/39MP or a Sinar Hy6 54LV / 75LV . Once I have made up my mind, which brand to marry I’ll choose the back.

I am really interested in the Hy6, but there seems to be no one dealing with it here in london , and when I ring the only company Image2output, which is dealing with Sinar products here in the uk, I can’t even get the person in charge to get back to me, which makes me wonder what the after-sale support is like ?
With Hasselblad I have a great relationship with the Pro Centre here in london and they have been bending backwards and forwards to help and assist .

I wondered if there is a fellow photographer on here who is based  in the UK / London area  and who is shooting with a Sinar product , or even Hy6, and could help and advice me on how the actual system is performing and what the support here in the uk is like ?

Armin
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198708\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Carl Glover

• http://www.alephstudio.co.uk
Sinar Hy6 in the UK
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 09:54:47 am »

H wondered if there is a fellow photographer on here who is based  in the UK / London area  and who is shooting with a Sinar product , or even Hy6, and could help and advice me on how the actual system is performing and what the support here in the uk is like ?

Armin
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198708\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Armin,

I'm in London and I use the hy6.

It's a very good camera and so far hasn't let me down.

Get in touch and I'll do my best with your questions.

Carl

Arminw

• http://www.arminweisheit.com
Sinar Hy6 in the UK
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 10:30:03 am »

Thanks for your reply Thierry, Trevor did get back to me just after I have posted this thread and he will be in touch again sometime next week to organise a demo and to answer some of my questions . I have to say I've been following your posts on various forums, and I am very happy to know that you are willing to help even though you are so far away .  

Carl , thanks also for your reply too... Good to know there is a Hy6 shooter in london ... I am really torn between the two systems , like so many who start buying into a MFD camera system. I will def contact you just to hear what you have to say about the camera and how the back and body perform in the real working environment .

Armin
You can't depend on your eyes when your

thsinar

Sinar Hy6 in the UK
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 01:34:18 pm »

Nothing to thank Armin.

I have just spoken with Trevor and he told me that you must have posted this after your call to them this morning and just before he called you back 2 hours later.
So there must be a misunderstanding, but at the end all is good, and that's the most important.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thanks for your reply Thierry, Trevor did get back to me just after I have posted this thread and he will be in touch again sometime next week to organise a demo and to answer some of my questions . I have to say I've been following your posts on various forums, and I am very happy to know that you are willing to help even though you are so far away . 

Armin
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198740\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Graham Mitchell

Sinar Hy6 in the UK
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 01:57:19 pm »

I was in Helsinki today, and visited the Leaf dealer there. I saw the Hy6 (AFi) in the flesh for the first time. It seemed a little smaller and lighter than I expected. Nice! AF seemed fast too, like a typical DSLR but all my lenses are manual anyway at this stage. The LCD display in the finder was very similar to my 6008 so I felt right at home. Unfortunately there was only the waist level finder to try. They didn't have the others yet.

The feeling of the camera in the hand and the weight were the two things I was anxious to find out. Felt great - I'm sold!

p.s. selling one grandmother, low mileage, excellent cook, $4000

thsinar

Sinar Hy6 in the UK
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 02:04:29 pm »

p.s. selling one grandmother, low mileage, excellent cook, $4000
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198804\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

not sure if I can afford it.

Thierry
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up