Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P30+ Question  (Read 2275 times)

Gary Mulcahey

P30+ Question
« on: May 28, 2008, 12:28:58 pm »

I'm about to pull the trigger on a purchase of a P30+. I'm told that I need to use C1 for processing but I'm very familiar with Lightroom and I have my workflow where I want it.
Do any of you fine folks have any experience with the P+ series and Lightroom or is it a total no-no.

Cheers
G

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
P30+ Question
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:36:21 pm »

I'm about to pull the trigger on a purchase of a P30+. I'm told that I need to use C1 for processing but I'm very familiar with Lightroom and I have my workflow where I want it.
Do any of you fine folks have any experience with the P+ series and Lightroom or is it a total no-no.

Cheers
G
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198552\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The P30 and all the phase process fine in lightroom, though you will have to make your own presets for color as adobe reads the files differently than the manufactuers software and that holds true for all camera makes, including the dslrs, not just a phase file.

We shot last week tethered to 3.78 and ran a hot folder to lightroom with specific presets for each session and though the previews come up slower, it gave the AD a much closer look as to where the final photograpph will go in post, as lightroom has the most control of any raw conversion program I've used.

JR

Gary Mulcahey

P30+ Question
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 12:50:15 pm »

Thanks JR.
That info put a smile on my face.   I thought I was going to have to stop using LR. I had a quick look at the video tutorials for Capture One and I wasn't too happy with what I saw, nor was I too happy about having to switch software.

Cheers
G

Boris_Epix

P30+ Question
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 01:54:38 pm »

Lightroom works fine with P30+.

But color can be a bic cartoon-ish at times. But Lightroom manages to get cartoon colors from any back.

I'm not sure if I would use it as the only raw converter... but my solution is to use Lighroom for the workflow and then I created an export that does nothing else but copy the selected files into a different folder. Then with the other raw converters I can just convert the files in that folder and have best of both (all) worlds.

Version 2.0 beta of LIghtroom looks cool with the selective adjustments (I've been waiting for that for the last 8 RAW converters I used) and now soon it's going to be there. Also it's going to support 64 bit. Oh...my that's so hot  :-)

Now we only need to have Photoshop CS4 which will also be available in 64bit and we'll be able to work fast even with MFDB files. No more scratching on the scratchy disky.

Cheers
Boris

amsp

P30+ Question
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 02:31:57 pm »

I recommend you do an ACR calibration, made a big difference with my P25.
Pages: [1]   Go Up