Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you correctly use the line tool?  (Read 2077 times)

The View

How do you correctly use the line tool?
« on: May 28, 2008, 02:02:22 am »

I ordered the "CS3 bible", so I wouldn't be caught again in the rain in future with graphic applications that aren't mentioned in the PS for photographers books.

As for now, I'd be happy if you could give me some ideas on how to solve questions with the type tool and creating basic shapes.

1. When I create a rectangle with the rectangular marquee tool... how do I change the size of the rectangle? I only found out how to move it.

I used "stroke" to get a frame around a group of photos, but how can you change the line thickness? And how do you get the units from pixels to inches?

2. I'd like to type 90 degrees to the horizontal line. But when I use the vertical type tool, letter appear only one below the other, still oriented towards the horizon... How can I turn the letters 90 degrees, so when you turn the sheet of paper 90 degrees, you can read the text?

3. How do I just draw a line? I couldn't get the line tool to work...

Comments and/or links appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:41:55 am by The View »
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

The View

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 02:55:02 am »

Aaaaah! ... shape layers!

But I still have trouble getting the line thickness straight.

I could draw a line, but then I couldn't change its thickness!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:55:19 am by The View »
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

The View

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 10:02:14 pm »

Problem solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up