Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Capture 11 Crashes w/ External Drive  (Read 2198 times)

Juanito

• John Raymond Mireles
Leaf Capture 11 Crashes w/ External Drive
« on: May 27, 2008, 10:52:01 pm »

I'm running on a LC 11.1 Macbook Pro. Whenever I try to view photos on a firewire drive or capture to a firewire drive, it crashes. Every time. Can't get it to work.

Is there a work-around? I'm using 10.4.11. Can it be a system thing or is this a known bug?

John

marcel b

• http://www.marcelbillaudet.com
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 12:14:38 pm »

hi,
i got my a65 yesterday, and had my first crash today by moving the files from the card to an external drive. everything worked fine (viewing, working on images) until i wanted to save the changes. had to restart in the rude way because even after 15 minutes nothing worked.

by the way, how do you guys import files from the card. i'm used to lightroom opening a window and deciding how and where the files are stored. in capture it looks like i have to copy the files in the finder and afterwards open them in capture. is there a better way?

best regards,
marcel

p.s.: thanks to all the usefull informations in this forum, that helped me a lot in my decision to buy my back
billaudet photography
http://www.marcelbillaudet.com

Dansk

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 04:06:03 pm »

I have similar experiences. I can usually view files through Capture One on a portable drive but as soon as I try and process or save from the app to the drive or any kind of actual work it craps out. Those bu HD's are sketchy dont ever trust just one always back up to two

pixjohn

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 04:15:34 pm »

I always move the images from the card to my hard drives, or move my images from my location hard drive to my studio hard drives.  I always run 2 drives of the same images. 2 location drive that match and 2 studio drives that match. I never have any crashes with LC 11

www.pixjohn.com
www.JohnGibbel.com
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 04:18:10 pm by pixjohn »

yaya

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 07:12:20 pm »

If anything I would look at the format and the permissions settings on the HD. Sounds like there's a problem with writing into it, not necessarily an LC11 problem.

Format the HD (either FAT32 or Mac Journaled) and make sure that your permissions are set to "Read & Write" for all users.

If that fails then I would suggest contacting your dealer so they can analyse it further and open a case with Leaf Support.

In general I would say that 1-2 hours spent with an experienced dealer can help you move forward quite quickly as to how to get from capture to output.

I hope this helps

Yair
Pages: [1]   Go Up