Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dumb question - Epson Premium Luster Roll  (Read 3889 times)

Tklimek

Dumb question - Epson Premium Luster Roll
« on: May 26, 2008, 01:00:26 pm »

LOL.....

Does anyone know why on God's green earth Epson has roll paper in 16 inch sizes instead of 17 inch sizes?  For those of us with 17 inch printers; it burns that we can't get that extra inch!  Did Epson have 16 inch printers that could accept roll paper?

I told you this was a dumb question!

Cheers...

TK

semillerimages

• http://www.semillerimages.com
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 01:23:56 pm »

It is dumb, really dumb, although it would be good for borderless 16x20/4 prints...

http://inkjetart.com/ has 17 inch rolls of paper that is pretty close to epson premium lustre though...

*steve

LOL.....

Does anyone know why on God's green earth Epson has roll paper in 16 inch sizes instead of 17 inch sizes?  For those of us with 17 inch printers; it burns that we can't get that extra inch!  Did Epson have 16 inch printers that could accept roll paper?

I told you this was a dumb question!

Cheers...

TK
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198075\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
semillerimages.com

colinm

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 01:39:42 pm »

Does anyone know why on God's green earth Epson has roll paper in 16 inch sizes instead of 17 inch sizes?  For those of us with 17 inch printers; it burns that we can't get that extra inch!  Did Epson have 16 inch printers that could accept roll paper?

Because one of Epson's key markets for the 4000 series was and is portrait studios. With a 16" roll, you can run off perfect 16x20 prints with no effort until the cows come home.

Why they don't also offer a 17" roll is another matter altogether; maybe they don't see a market for it. Heck if I know.
Colin

Tklimek

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 02:06:11 pm »

Ahh.....ok; I figured there was a logical explanantion....even if it's one that doesn't suit my needs.    

Hey...c'mon here...it's all about me!!  ;-)

I pretty new to this whole "printing" thing and have been following the recommendations from Michael and Jeff's video for printing; which is to leave borders on all sides of the print; for signing, handling, and matting.

Epson DOES have rolls that are 17inch; just not for the Premium Luster.  I do have a 17 inch roll of Epson Ultrasmooth Fine Art paper which I'll be excited to try at some point.  Right now I've been focusing on the Premium Luster.

Thanks for the explanation!

Cheers...

TK

Because one of Epson's key markets for the 4000 series was and is portrait studios. With a 16" roll, you can run off perfect 16x20 prints with no effort until the cows come home.

Why they don't also offer a 17" roll is another matter altogether; maybe they don't see a market for it. Heck if I know.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198084\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

colinm

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 05:48:36 pm »

Just to make matters worse, keep in mind Epson offers 17" sheets for most of the papers they offer 16" rolls. Bunch of teases.
Colin

Tklimek

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 07:25:37 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHA.....you are absolutely correct!  I've got some of the 17x22 Exhibition fiber that I am also very keen on trying out; I wonder if they would make that in roll.

Cheers...

TK

Just to make matters worse, keep in mind Epson offers 17" sheets for most of the papers they offer 16" rolls. Bunch of teases.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198151\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up