Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: eyelike MF 6 megapixel any good???  (Read 5516 times)

ixpressraf

eyelike MF 6 megapixel any good???
« on: May 25, 2008, 07:40:57 am »

Hi all,
i am looking for a nice 6 Mp back and spotted an Eyelike MF on ebay near were i live. Is this a nice back and is the fiberoptic cable reliable. Also there is a taxicard, such as used by sinar and leaf cantare: do they often go broke?
Thanks for advice.

andybuk99

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 08:20:14 am »

I have got a M6 but the better firewire cable version. Still gives superb files especially in 4 shot mode., I have kept it as a backup just in case the Leaf dies. Haven't used it for a while now though.

ixpressraf

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 08:34:01 am »

I have got a M6 but the better firewire cable version. Still gives superb files especially in 4 shot mode., I have kept it as a backup just in case the Leaf dies. Haven't used it for a while now though.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197849\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

...maybe i should look further for a fire wire version. i also considered the C-most because i really liked that back a few years ago as it is smal, good and fire-wire. I still have a couple Leaf cantare's but no camera to controller cable. Does the eyelike infact is the same back as the sinar 6Mp with fiir optic connection?
thanks, raf
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 08:36:19 am by ixpressraf »

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 08:42:11 am »

the 6 Mpx Dalsa is a wonderful sensor, IMO. If you can get a multishot version, then even better.
The fiebr optic is a very reliable data transfer medium, so is the PCI card needed. Make sure not to roll over the cable with a stand or to bent it, other then that I see no particular problem

You have to take care however that if you have a new G5 model with PCI Express you will need to get a Magma PCI –express to PCI bridge system from Magma (www.magma.com).

addendum: just seen your additional question. Yes, the sensor used in the Sinarback 23 (L or HR) is the same as the one in the Eyelike.

Best regards,
Thierry

Hi all,
i am looking for a nice 6 Mp back and spotted an Eyelike MF on ebay near were i live. Is this a nice back and is the fiberoptic cable reliable. Also there is a taxicard, such as used by sinar and leaf cantare: do they often go broke?
Thanks for advice.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197845\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 10:30:07 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

yaya

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 09:09:35 am »

...maybe i should look further for a fire wire version. i also considered the C-most because i really liked that back a few years ago as it is smal, good and fire-wire. I still have a couple Leaf cantare's but no camera to controller cable. Does the eyelike infact is the same back as the sinar 6Mp with fiir optic connection?
thanks, raf
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Worth checking with some dealers that may still have used Cantare control cables available:

[a href=\"http://photouniversal.de/]Photo Universal Germany[/url]
Peartree UK
A/D Imaging Italy

Hope this helps

Yair
Pages: [1]   Go Up