Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: here we go again  (Read 15968 times)

woof75

here we go again
« on: May 23, 2008, 11:46:40 am »

Hey, it's your house Michael but I am starting to find this forum to be too agrevating for me to contribute to. After we talked about this last week and decided self moderation was the way to go a certain "contributer" has reverted back to adding nothing and simply coming on the forum to basically tell people they are full of it. Although we have seen what happens with an overly zealous moderator I think we are starting to see here what happens with no moderation, I think it's time to step in.

michael

here we go again
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 11:54:32 am »

If you could provide me with the specific thread that you're concerned about I'll look at it. I don't read everything every day, particularly in a week such as this one when I'm traveling and shooting.

Michael

Snook

here we go again
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 11:56:56 am »

Hey, it's your house Michael but I am starting to find this forum to be too agrevating for me to contribute to. After we talked about this last week and decided self moderation was the way to go a certain "contributer" has reverted back to adding nothing and simply coming on the forum to basically tell people they are full of it. Although we have seen what happens with an overly zealous moderator I think we are starting to see here what happens with no moderation, I think it's time to step in.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197508\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Woof are you new to these types of forums?
I do understand your concerns but you really need to just not post or read threads that annoy you. It is really simple.
You just jumped on me calling me a troll when I was obviously being sarcastic about a picture.
Jumping in in every thread calling people trolls and such is pretty much what starts non sense post in "other" Consumer photographic Forums.
Troll? Actually sounds like it comes from a Dpreview.com type forum where the Nikon guys and Canon guys go at it...:+}
You cannot start calling people trolls and not expect conflict in other words.. right?
If you ignore the comments you do not like they will just drop off the front page and get lost.
I think the Crowd here is a little more professional.
try and be civil
Thanks
Snook

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
here we go again
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 12:03:46 pm »

Snook, I don't think Woof75 aimed at you!

Best regards,
Thierry

You just jumped on me calling me a troll
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197514\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

woof75

here we go again
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 12:07:38 pm »

Woof are you new to these types of forums?
I do understand your concerns but you really need to just not post or read threads that annoy you. It is really simple.
You just jumped on me calling me a troll when I was obviously being sarcastic about a picture.
Jumping in in every thread calling people trolls and such is pretty much what starts non sense post in "other" Consumer photographic Forums.
Troll? Actually sounds like it comes from a Dpreview.com type forum where the Nikon guys and Canon guys go at it...:+}
You cannot start calling people trolls and not expect conflict in other words.. right?
If you ignore the comments you do not like they will just drop off the front page and get lost.
I think the Crowd here is a little more professional.
try and be civil
Thanks
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197514\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you look at the quote Snook I was actually calling Ray a troll. To be sarcastically insulting about someone else's picture is incredibly low. When you post work on here you are exposing yourself and it's horrendous to ridicule someone else's work through sarcasm when they have opened themselves by showing there work. Honest criticism obviously is fine but sarcastically making fun of someone elses work is terrible. Which is what Ray was doing.

Michael- the threads I am concerned about are the high ISO MFDB post which is descending into MF v DB again which was in no way the intention of the poster thereby of course making an informative post absolutely infuriating and useless and the other thread which concerns me is the one detailed above about the way someone's picture was ridiculed.

Ray

here we go again
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 12:18:44 pm »

Well, this really is totally ridiculous. You've brought a smile to my face. Thank you.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
here we go again
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 12:24:02 pm »

IMHO - Ray has added very little in terms of information, clogs up the threads with useless chaff, and for the most part gets people arguing just like above.  He doesn't read what people write, argues his own points even when its way off topic like consistently bringing in DSLR to the MF forum, and now he has even polluted the recent works thread with wanton sarcasm all the while he has no images to add. He's posting at a 1 to 1 ratio in some MF forum threads - that is 1 Ray post vs 1 post from the rest of the members.    This all adds up to TROLL.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 12:24:36 pm by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

Snook

here we go again
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 12:42:56 pm »

IMHO - Ray has added very little in terms of information, clogs up the threads with useless chaff, and for the most part gets people arguing just like above.  He doesn't read what people write, argues his own points even when its way off topic like consistently bringing in DSLR to the MF forum, and now he has even polluted the recent works thread with wanton sarcasm all the while he has no images to add. He's posting at a 1 to 1 ratio in some MF forum threads - that is 1 Ray post vs 1 post from the rest of the members.    This all adds up to TROLL.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197528\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
OK woof I am really sorry I thought you were calling me a troll..
You see how Wars get started....:+}
In any case No hard feelings here..
I do admit Ray like to Argue and Poke at people from My observations...
He does have 5,000 something post... seems like if he was bad Michael would have booted him a while ago.
In any case the Best medicine for guys like him is just to ignore them....they'll go away sooner or later.
Snook
Woof again sorry, I thought you were aiming it at me.

woof75

here we go again
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 12:45:52 pm »

OK woof I am really sorry I thought you were calling me a troll..
You see how Wars get started....:+}
In any case No hard feelings here..
I do admit Ray like to Argue and Poke at people from My observations...
He does have 5,000 something post... seems like if he was bad Michael would have booted him a while ago.
In any case the Best medicine for guys like him is just to ignore them....they'll go away sooner or later.
Snook
Woof again sorry, I thought you were aiming it at me.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197535\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No problem Snook.

Mitchell Baum

here we go again
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 12:47:11 pm »

I tend to ignore Ray, but it is indeed aggravating when good threads go bad, and now attacking someone's image with sarcasm is a new low.

Best,

Mitchell

Ray

here we go again
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 01:07:57 pm »

I tend to ignore Ray, but it is indeed aggravating when good threads go bad, and now attacking someone's image with sarcasm is a new low.

Best,

Mitchell
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197539\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There's little hope in the world with such parochial attitudes. You have to accept a little sarcasm and a little cyincysm.

This forum tends to be weak on intellectual rigor, as are most other forums. Ad hominen attacks are rife, which is deplorable.

If any good thread has gone bad, that I have contributed to, then let me know so I can learn the errors of my ways.

Graham Mitchell

here we go again
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 01:29:19 pm »

It's pretty hard to ignore the trolls when they post more than anyone else, and derail otherwise productive threads.

amsp

here we go again
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 01:42:32 pm »

I'd have to agree that Ray seems hellbent on trying to convert every thread, no matter the subject, into a "Canon 5D is as good or better than any DB" discussion. Tiring to say the least.

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
here we go again
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 01:49:55 pm »

I'd have to agree that Ray seems hellbent on trying to convert every thread, no matter the subject, into a "Canon 5D is as good or better than any DB" discussion. Tiring to say the least.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197548\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This type of stuff just kills all meaninful discussion and runs good people away.

Of that I'm 100% sure.

JR

Anthony R

here we go again
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 01:53:14 pm »

This type of stuff just kills all meaninful discussion and runs good people away.

Of that I'm 100% sure.

JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197550\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Which is another reason to have a "Pro" section. As it is, this site treads often down the road to becoming photo.net or dpreview.

Ray

here we go again
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 02:11:45 pm »

Dear me! Dear me! again. There's no sense here. You people are so precious, it's unbelievable. If you want a meaningful discussion, I'm the guy.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
here we go again
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 02:12:30 pm »

Which is another reason to have a "Pro" section. As it is, this site treads often down the road to becoming photo.net or dpreview.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197552\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, but we all decided not to have a Pro or member's only section just last week, plus don't forget we are really only complaining about one troll poster here.  If Ray would stop his nonsense then we wouldn't have a problem.   He's had a lot of polite requests to not interfere, and then some more stern requests, and even some really direct stuff like this whole thread for example and he just keeps posting away with wild abandon.  If you ask me I think he's gone mad and needs to be stopped. He's clearly not taking the hint.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 02:13:58 pm by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

Dale Allyn

• http://www.daleallynphoto.com
here we go again
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 02:13:31 pm »

I believe that the need is not for a "Pro" section, but for greater respect of forum sections (i.e. subjects appropriate to a given forum area) and a respect for the primary topic of each thread. It's not that difficult to use good forum etiquette and to respect others.

Just a thought...

mbridgers

here we go again
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 02:18:11 pm »

If the guy bugs you so much, just ignore him.  You'll never see the posts, and I doubt you'd miss much.

Just click on his user name, then click "ignore user" in the profile screen.  Out of sight, out of mind.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 02:19:14 pm by mbridgers »

DarkPenguin

here we go again
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 02:24:37 pm »

There's little hope in the world with such parochial attitudes. You have to accept a little sarcasm and a little cyincysm.

This forum tends to be weak on intellectual rigor, as are most other forums. Ad hominen attacks are rife, which is deplorable.

If any good thread has gone bad, that I have contributed to, then let me know so I can learn the errors of my ways.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25541]http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=25541[/url]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up