Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: here we go again  (Read 15986 times)

skid00skid00

here we go again
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2008, 05:17:28 pm »

This is why I have not bothered to spend much time at LL, anymore.

There's mostly just a bunch of whiny babies who think they are better than everyone else, and  are actually WORSE than the majority of posters at DPR!

There's almost zero useful info posted, just alot of 'hey, look at my expensive new equipement, aren't I wonderful!' posts.

And there's zero tolerance for opposing viewpoints, or genuine back-and-forth debates.

What a sad degeneration of what had been the second-best digital imaging site on the web.

Michael, it's time to sell, and start afresh, seriously.

samuel_js

here we go again
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2008, 05:41:10 pm »

This is why I have not bothered to spend much time at LL, anymore.
What a sad degeneration of what had been the second-best digital imaging site on the web.
Michael, it's time to sell, and start afresh, seriously.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197939\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If this this kind of visceral, immature comments of yours what make forums garbage.
The LL is not only a discussion forum, is much more.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
here we go again
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2008, 02:11:32 pm »

Who's going to willingly use a MFDB system in low light, high ISO venues when a modern DSLR would be much more appropriate. People who buy MFDBs aren't buying them for their high ISO prowess. So to my mind the comparison is pointless.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197585\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'd really like to have a MF DSLR that was useful at high ISOs. In fact that's the main reason why I find it difficult to pony up for one.
I hired a H339D last year for a shoot. Unfortunately the weather was particularly weird and the light levels plummeted and I had 30secs to grab shot between torrentional downpours. I had a couple of ProPhoto heads set as fill, but they ended up being the main light source and they simply weren't powerful enough for the large area in question.  I had to shoot at 400ISO and underexposed a little too. Even so I think it was only just 1/125th handheld. The results were not exactly as good as I hoped for such an expensive camera.  
So a MF camera that could perform well at high ISOs would be great for my needs, as with outdoor shoots, you can never guarantee light and it gives you greater versatility to boot. If the H3 had decent high ISO, I would have captured a much better shot. And the reason I choose that camera over my much better performing in low light 35mm DSLR, was that I wanted much better quality. Can't say I got it.

As for Ray, he may harp on a bit at times, but most of the irritations to do with him is the incessant ranting about him and the daft demands for censorship. If you do think he is a troll, then feeding him is the daftest response possible as he will wind you up even further. As this thread shows.
Personally, if someone is annoying , I just use the ignore filter in my brain. Works pretty well so far!  
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 02:19:01 pm by jjj »
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up