Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hyperdrive need .mos  (Read 10806 times)

Terence h

• Terence Hogben Photography
Hyperdrive need .mos
« on: May 22, 2008, 03:18:15 pm »

Hello my Internet connection is patchy and the Hyperdrive folk would like some Leaf raw files so that they can enable viewing of files stored on the Sanho Hyper drive .which i have just bought. The Hyperdrive O

Could somebody on this forum who would also like .mos files supported get hold of me so i can send them the link to Hyperdrive upload facility.

They just need a few files , but if i posted the link publicly they might end up with a more than they can handle , or not.

Regards
Terence
terencehogben@wirelessza.co.za
Terence Hogben. Durban. South Africa. ht

Terence h

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 04:21:14 pm »

>Could somebody on this forum who would also like .mos files supported get hold of me so i can >send them the link to Hyperdrive upload facility.

>They just need a few files , but if i posted the link publicly they might end up with a more than they >can handle , or not.

Thanks guys sorted , a few people have offered to send out the files.

And Yair has offered to sort out the process.

Regards
Terence

free1000

• http://www.foliobook.mobi
Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 05:44:06 pm »

>Could somebody on this forum who would also like .mos files supported get hold of me so i can >send them the link to Hyperdrive upload facility.

>They just need a few files , but if i posted the link publicly they might end up with a more than they >can handle , or not.

Thanks guys sorted , a few people have offered to send out the files.
And Yair has offered to sort out the process.

Regards
Terence
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197294\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It will be interesting to see if this has enough grunt power to handle files from the A75. Could be a handy tool if so.
@foliobook
Foliobook professional photo

Snook

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 06:40:56 pm »

It will be interesting to see if this has enough grunt power to handle files from the A75. Could be a handy tool if so.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197311\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Not sure if this will help you
But I have used the NEXTO for several years now and it Flies downloads..
I had the Pd70X before that and an espon p4500.
The Next Blows all away with speed and it is also firewire 400 (Mac) which is faster also upping to computer!!
It is so fast I do double backs ups on the spot and it is fast.
The PD70X was the EX first "hyperdrive" I think.
PS. The battery on the Next last for ever also compared to the others.. sometimes last me days and I have 80 gig hard drive inside which I fill up during the day.
Snook

Just thought of a couple more comments:
The Re-formatting of the Hyper drive (if still this way) is a pain also. you have to have it on a CF card and plug it in, switch the lever up/down etc...
The hinged door  on all my PD70X's (hyperdrive) all broke off quickly and had to be replaced.

Not sure if you are talking about the newer small hyperdrive with color screen? But I am referrring to the PD70X which was change to HyperDrive a couple of years ago?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 06:48:41 pm by Snook »

BJNY

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 06:45:48 pm »

Guillermo

Snook

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 06:52:16 pm »

Snook,
Is this it?
http://www.nextodi.com/en/product/ultra_en.html
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197322\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes...:+}
I have had them all and still do.. The PD70X's are collecting dust.. I Just use 4 Nexto's all with 80 Gig hard drives...
What I really like beside the CF--->Nexto speed which is WAY faster than any.. Is the Battery Life and Firewire 400 for Apple! Sure cut's the time of transfers to comp faster.
Snook

PS. I have nothing to do with them and was actually a PD70Xer fan for a while until I tried the NEXTO and it was another Planet. seriously

Over at Dpreview.com there are some great threads on Both in case you did not know..

Just searched for Hyper drive and the newer ones are not the same as what I was referring...
If that is the one you are asking about?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 06:56:11 pm by Snook »

Terence h

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 01:42:18 am »

Hello the new Nexto and Hyperdrive are both very excellent units.
The Hyperdrive for me is a bit better because i like the idea of being able to see the images captured especially if one is away from a computer for a while. (soon the Leaf files )
Both are very fast ,but remember the speed is very much determined by the speed of the card used
only the fastest UDMA cards would show up any variations in download speed.
Only downloaded a few files from my Aptus to the Hyperdrive at present and that from a slow  card speed was plenty fast enough.
There are many variations on downloading with these units ,with options offered ,slower being safer.

I must say the Nexto 2700 pricing is very attractive $130 from mydigitaldiscount.com had initially tried to buy it but their cart system malfunctions for export orders and they were going to charge me  $193 for shipping to South Africa , i bought the Hyperdrive direct from the company and paid about $40 for shipping to South Africa a few days later it was here.

Luminous Landscape did a little review on the earlier Hyperdrive with the slightly smaller screen recently ,for anybody interested.

Regards
Terence

free1000

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 07:34:28 am »

I do hope that Hyperdrive makes both Leaf mos raws compatible, the compressed and uncompressed. I shoot compressed to CF cards and uncompressed when tethered. Adobe products do not recognize the compressed version. That could be overlooked easily if that distinction is not made to them.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197422\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is very very important !

I am happy to supply files, compressed or uncompressed from the Aptus 75 if this can be of help.

Seems like the Nexto is possibly a good device for backup on single shoots, but the Hyperdrive might be better for a road trip!
@foliobook

Terence h

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 08:32:13 am »

This is very very important !
I am happy to supply files, compressed or uncompressed from the Aptus 75 if this can be of help.

Seems like the Nexto is possibly a good device for backup on single shoots, but the Hyperdrive might be better for a road trip!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197426\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes i think Yair (Leaf ) will make sure that they get all the versions of Leaf Raw files.
I will still be pretty happy if they support the normal leaf raw files.

And the new Hyperdrive and Nexto support the larger 2.5in drives so quite possible to stick in 250gb
and larger drives.
The previous storage devices had a maximum capacity of 160gb.

Cheers Terence

Snook

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 09:00:31 am »

Yes i think Yair (Leaf ) will make sure that they get all the versions of Leaf Raw files.
I will still be pretty happy if they support the normal leaf raw files.

And the new Hyperdrive and Nexto support the larger 2.5in drives so quite possible to stick in 250gb
and larger drives.
The previous storage devices had a maximum capacity of 160gb.

Cheers Terence
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197438\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Just a thought but I do not think the Hyperdrive will Show your images from a MFDB very well and will probably take a while for them to load...??
I thought you wanted something secure and fast to download your images in the field.
Viewing is a whole different story!!
Snook

Terence h

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 10:06:49 am »

Just a thought but I do not think the Hyperdrive will Show your images from a MFDB very well and will probably take a while for them to load...??
I thought you wanted something secure and fast to download your images in the field.
Viewing is a whole different story!!
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197446\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I want it all Snook   secure fast and viewable at a pinch ,even though i know the image is not going to be the greatest , with the Hyperdrive you can let the device build your thumbnails ,also you have the choice of seeing them really small or bigger and zoomable.

Think traveling in your Nissan Teranno through Africa for 3 weeks  ,nice to review the direction ones imagery is going ,and of course the Hyperdrive comes with an adaptor for charging in the vehicle.

Disclaimer. I am in no way at this point in time affiliated to Sanho Hyperdrive.

Regards
Terence

Will update on performance when they have a firmware update available.

Snook

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 10:24:23 am »

I want it all Snook   secure fast and viewable at a pinch ,even though i know the image is not going to be the greatest , with the Hyperdrive you can let the device build your thumbnails ,also you have the choice of seeing them really small or bigger and zoomable.

Think traveling in your Nissan Teranno through Africa for 3 weeks  ,nice to review the direction ones imagery is going ,and of course the Hyperdrive comes with an adaptor for charging in the vehicle.

Disclaimer. I am in no way at this point in time affiliated to Sanho Hyperdrive.

Regards
Terence

Will update on performance when they have a firmware update available.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197462\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Why don't some guys send some Phase One file salso..:+}
You never know..
Does anybody else now if you can view PhaseOne Tif files on an Epson P5000?
Snook
And by the way please keep us informed as to your thoughts on the hyperdrive..:+}
Thanks

free1000

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 11:55:38 am »

I want it all Snook   secure fast and viewable at a pinch ,even though i know the image is not going to be the greatest 

Think traveling in your Nissan Teranno through Africa for 3 weeks  ,nice to review the direction ones imagery is going ,and of course the Hyperdrive comes with an adaptor for charging in the vehicle.

Exactly.  In any case, it would seem a good idea to have one Nexto and one Hyperdrive so there are two backups.

Keep on about the compressed files though, theres really no point in shooting non-compressed, it doesnt seem to improved performance or anything.
@foliobook

Terence h

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 12:16:03 pm »

Exactly.  In any case, it would seem a good idea to have one Nexto and one Hyperdrive so there are two backups.

Keep on about the compressed files though, theres really no point in shooting non-compressed, it doesnt seem to improved performance or anything.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197511\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes i might also just get a couple of Digimate 3s just to be totally safe ,they are about $40 and are OK as a second backup.

Terence

Snook

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 02:21:14 pm »

Yes i might also just get a couple of Digimate 3s just to be totally safe ,they are about $40 and are OK as a second backup.

Terence
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197522\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Digimates are really slow though right?
Trust me.. If you want secure,fast,long battery lasting Back-ups only.. Get the NEXTO for sure!.
I always do 2 back-ups no matter where I am as I am paid  to well to "lose" the images any how.
I would not think the Hyperdrive is going to Preview a Medium format back file fast enough to be useable in the field if you ask me.. I very well could be wrong, but I really doubt it.
My Epson p5000 shows my 1DsMII files pretty fast and downloads are not too bad. But for just FAST secure Back-ups on the spot.. I always copy to 2 different NEXTOS.
Never had one hick-up. Knock on wood..:+}
Hope your choice works out for you.
Snook

free1000

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 07:01:55 am »

Make sure you read complete Nexto HDD compatability list

as there are a number of varieties of HDD that are not supported.   And yes, I managed to order a WD 'BEVE' series which has a bug and doesnt work

http://www.nextodi.com/en/support/view.php?bbs=en_faq&id=2
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 07:21:46 am by free1000 »
@foliobook

Snook

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 08:54:15 am »

Make sure you read complete Nexto HDD compatability list

as there are a number of varieties of HDD that are not supported.   And yes, I managed to order a WD 'BEVE' series which has a bug and doesnt work
http://www.nextodi.com/en/support/view.php?bbs=en_faq&id=2
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=199673\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Bummer...
Please do share what you think about it when you get it working..
I think you will be very happy..
Let us know
Snook

Nico D

• http://www.xische.com/darkroom
Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 06:47:28 pm »

And by the way please keep us informed as to your thoughts on the hyperdrive..:+}
Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197465\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have the Colorspace O with the 'original' 250GB drive - bought it two months ago. The back-up speed is good ~1GB per minute. The image quality is crap, but OK for rough viewing. The built quality/finish is cheap, but works.
Sanho claims that all the models can back-up 120GB of images on one battery charge. I took that claim with a pinch of salt, but was still shocked to find out that my unit only managed 18-26GB, with all the settings tweaked for less battery consumption. I have complained to Sanho several times, but to no avail, which is even more worrying!
I read the review of the Hyperdrive on LL, but was annoyed to see that the author of the article did not bother to test the battery consumption at all.

Snook

Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 09:14:49 pm »

I have the Colorspace O with the 'original' 250GB drive - bought it two months ago. The back-up speed is good ~1GB per minute. The image quality is crap, but OK for rough viewing. The built quality/finish is cheap, but works.
Sanho claims that all the models can back-up 120GB of images on one battery charge. I took that claim with a pinch of salt, but was still shocked to find out that my unit only managed 18-26GB, with all the settings tweaked for less battery consumption. I have complained to Sanho several times, but to no avail, which is even more worrying!
I read the review of the Hyperdrive on LL, but was annoyed to see that the author of the article did not bother to test the battery consumption at all.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=199761\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
as far as I know there is nothing better than the epson P5000 for viewing
and for Speed and Battery Durability the NEXTO with firewire cannot be beat.
I do not think any small PDA device views MFDB files? But I could be wrong..
I have used the Epson and Nexto combo for quite a while and would trust anything else...:+}
Snook

Jack Varney

• http://
Hyperdrive need .mos
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 10:07:08 pm »

Does anybody else now if you can view PhaseOne Tif files on an Epson P5000?

The P-5000 does not support Phase TIFFs. See - http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/p3k___/p3k___pg.pdf

The Digital Foci Picture Porter Elite does support Phase TIFFs. I have used one for about three years now with P25 and P45 files.
See - http://www.digitalfoci.com/picture_porter_elite.html
Jack Varney
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up