Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updated Manufacturer Promotions  (Read 5121 times)

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
Updated Manufacturer Promotions
« on: May 21, 2008, 01:29:48 pm »

There's been some recent updates to the existing promotions from Sinar, Leaf, and Hasselbald so I thought I'd post them all for everyone to be aware of. I hope you don't mind.

HASSELBLAD
*Trade in any V series Hasselblad body and viewfinder and get $3,000 off an H3DII-31/39.

*Trade in any digital back and get $5,000 off any H3DII camera or CF-22/39/22MS/39MS digital back. Add a V series Hasselblad body/viefinder and get a total of $6,000 off.

*Trade in an H1 or H2 camera and receive $5,000 credit towards an H3DII.

*Trade in any 3rd party digital back and an H1/H2 camera and recieve significant trade in value towards H3DII-31/39 (too many options to list all the values). -Contact me directly for the trade-in value on your configuration.

*Trade in any 35mm DSLR and receive the following discounts on H3DII-31/39:
- UP to 6.9MP: $1,000 off
- 7MP - 9.9MP: $3,000 off
- 10MP - 15.9MP: $4,000 off
- 16MP - 22MP: $5,000 off

**All Hasselblad offers expire June 30, 2008, except the $5,000 digital back and H camera trade-in promotions, which are ongoing.

LEAF
*Purchase an Aptus 22/54S/65/65S/75/75S and receive a free Mamiya 645AFD II Camera with a free upgrade to the AFD III when these become available.

*Purchase an Aptus 75/75S and receive:
-Free Toyo VX23D View Camera
-Free Toyo Interface Plate
-Free Leaf Live Video

*Leaf also has ongoing trade-in values for existing digital backs towards Aptus/AFi product.

**All Leaf offers expire June 30, 2008

SINAR
*Purchase a Sinar eVolution 75H multi-shot digital back and receive $8,000 trade in credit on any 11MP or higher digital back.

*Purchase a Sinar eVolution 75H multi-shot digital back and receive $5,000 trade in credit on any 6MP or higher digital back.

*Purchase a Sinar eMotion 75LV digital back and receive $5,000 trade in credit on any 11MP or higher digital back.

*Purchase a Sinar eMotion 75LV digital back and receive $3,000 trade in credit on any 6MP or higher digital back.

*Purchase a Sinar Hy6/75LV Kit and receive $3,000 trade in credit on any 11MP or higher digital back.

**All Sinar offers expire June 30, 2008.

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 02:09:46 pm by pprdigital »
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

Plekto

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 08:24:14 pm »

Wow.  How cheaply can a 16MP DSLR be had for these days?  

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 11:20:44 pm »

There's been some recent updates to the existing promotions from Sinar, Leaf, and Hasselbald so I thought I'd post them all for everyone to be aware of. I hope you don't mind.

HASSELBLAD
*Trade in any V series Hasselblad body and viewfinder and get $3,000 off an H3DII-31/39.

*Trade in any digital back and get $5,000 off any H3DII camera or CF-22/39/22MS/39MS digital back. Add a V series Hasselblad body/viefinder and get a total of $6,000 off.

*Trade in an H1 or H2 camera and receive $5,000 credit towards an H3DII.

*Trade in any 3rd party digital back and an H1/H2 camera and recieve significant trade in value towards H3DII-31/39 (too many options to list all the values). -Contact me directly for the trade-in value on your configuration.

*Trade in any 35mm DSLR and receive the following discounts on H3DII-31/39:
- UP to 6.9MP: $1,000 off
- 7MP - 9.9MP: $3,000 off
- 10MP - 15.9MP: $4,000 off

**All Hasselblad offers expire June 30, 2008, except the $5,000 digital back and H camera trade-in promotions, which are ongoing.

LEAF
*Purchase an Aptus 22/54S/65/65S/75/75S and receive a free Mamiya 645AFD II Camera with a free upgrade to the AFD III when these become available.

*Purchase an Aptus 75/75S and receive:
-Free Toyo VX23D View Camera
-Free Toyo Interface Plate
-Free Leaf Live Video

*Leaf also has ongoing trade-in values for existing digital backs towards Aptus/AFi product.

**All Leaf offers expire June 30, 2008

SINAR
*Purchase a Sinar eVolution 75H multi-shot digital back and receive $8,000 trade in credit on any 11MP or higher digital back.

*Purchase a Sinar eVolution 75H multi-shot digital back and receive $5,000 trade in credit on any 6MP or higher digital back.

*Purchase a Sinar eMotion 75LV digital back and receive $5,000 trade in credit on any 11MP or higher digital back.

*Purchase a Sinar eMotion 75LV digital back and receive $3,000 trade in credit on any 6MP or higher digital back.

*Purchase a Sinar Hy6/75LV Kit and receive $3,000 trade in credit on any 11MP or higher digital back.

**All Sinar offers expire June 30, 2008.
Steve Hendrix
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197063\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

These kind of promotions make me dizzy and quite honestly confusing.

Why does any competing back manufacturer want another camera brand?

What do they do with them . . . crush them, or is their this huge underworld of used equipment that manfacturers swap back to each other?

I guess I understand Hasselblad wanting to rid the world of H1 - H2 bodies, just to keep the cameras out of play for the rest of the back makers, but the rest of the pricing schemes just confuse me.

Sell a camera, sell a back, sell both, but if you want to discount, just lower the price.

I remember when people were buying old megavision backs for a few hundred dollars to trade in on a phase back for a few thousands dollaras discount.  It just kind of bugs me and I would rather just get a price, or get a discount and go out the door with my product.

I know everyone is medium format (or the complete digital world) is trying to find their place and stake out a market share, but I don't understand any pricing that adds to confusion.

Last Saturday I walked into the only camera store I know that had a Phase Back and the New Phase camera, A Leaf on the HY6, a Sinar or their HY6 and the new Hasselblad all on the same shelf.

Not that this is the time and place for a real comparision and not that I am recommending this type of big box dealer,  but at least you could hold, focus and shoot all the cameras side by side and get some idea of what the differences are.

Maybe it's just living in my little world, but I don't see that many photographers, really worrying about  medium format cameras, or what any manufacturer does and I think that a lot of that comes from the fact that all of this can look so confusing it just puts busy photographers into the mindset of it's easier to rent or hire a tech firm than to run the risk of buying and making either a wrong choice or a choice that takes a year to understand.

Medium format needs to make it simple, not complicated.

JR

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 12:04:51 am »

These kind of promotions make me dizzy and quite honestly confusing.

Why does any competing back manufacturer want another camera brand?

What do they do with them . . . crush them, or is their this huge underworld of used equipment that manfacturers swap back to each other?

I guess I understand Hasselblad wanting to rid the world of H1 - H2 bodies, just to keep the cameras out of play for the rest of the back makers, but the rest of the pricing schemes just confuse me.

Sell a camera, sell a back, sell both, but if you want to discount, just lower the price.

Medium format needs to make it simple, not complicated.

JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197168\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree - at least with the trade-ins. Simplifying that would certainly make my life easier. What I would like to see is at least make it a standard amount, rather than different amounts for different backs, etc.

Few people trade in digital backs that have substantive value because in most cases they can make more by just selling it themselves. So the rational for having different trade in values because of the varying value of the trade-ins doesn't really hold any water.

I prefer the way Hasselblad does it - just offer a flat $5,000. Any back that has value over that winds up being sold by the end user instead of traded in anyway.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 12:42:37 am »

James,
You're being very logical and for the most part I agree with you 100%, however these kinds of deals are called 'incentives' for a reason.  If you know the final price for something that is going to be good any time you want it, then which day are you going to buy?   They need some kind of trigger to drive buyers, perhaps at the unconscious level even to make that decision today.  This is particularly true for current owners in an upgrade situation because if the back worked yesterday its still going to tomorrow.    

Eric
Rolleiflex USA

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 02:56:00 am »

James,
You're being very logical and for the most part I agree with you 100%, however these kinds of deals are called 'incentives' for a reason.  If you know the final price for something that is going to be good any time you want it, then which day are you going to buy?   They need some kind of trigger to drive buyers, perhaps at the unconscious level even to make that decision today.  This is particularly true for current owners in an upgrade situation because if the back worked yesterday its still going to tomorrow.   

Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197176\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

These incentives might move someone that is predisposed to buy a medium format back in the next month or so but do they really move the photographer that is coming from film, or or owns a 1ds2 and rents medium format?

I would think that is a big part of the market and makes for a complicated message.

That is the hurdle medium format digital has to get past and they don't do themselves any favors by messages that aren't simple and to the point.

Last week I held a $39,000 digital camera and back.  (no reason to mention which one).   One lens, one body one back $39,000 and I wonder what the first time buyer thinks when they find out that basic lenses are still on the drawing board, the software is still in early release, (there is even a newer version being shown on the blogs) and then there is talk about larger sensors, square sensors and of course it's a Photokina year so everyone assumes there must be new product for everyone soon anway.

If I was a first time buyer all this would do is push me away, not move me to purchase, whether they offered me $5,000 off for my dslr.

Now to step back for a second a think if the dealer handed me this camera, said it works on any digital back, has film backs for reasonable costs and the price is $29,950, a very favorable lease, and all of the lenses are ready to buy or rent,  would I be more motivated to buy?

I'm not in the camera business so I really have no idea, but I do know that you don't have to go too far to find as many photographers that are as confused about medim format as they are enlightened and knowledgable.

I' ve been shooting advertising all week with medium format tethered and it's lifestyle so it's fast, complicated and unpredicatable work and though I tried a few shots tethering the Canons I can tell you I would rather eat a bucket of nails that tether a dslr, though that message is lost in almost every medium format maker's website and advertising.

JR

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 07:44:38 am »

Capture Integration is currently running a promotion allowing you to trade in your 200 or 500 series body towards the new Phase One 645 AFD.  Here is a quick break down on the trade-in-values:

[attachment=6707:attachment]

Here is a link to our web site telling you all of the details of the promotion:

http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/05/...sic-hasselblad/

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
chris@captureintegration.com
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National Atlanta /Miami
404-234-5195 | Cell  

BJNY

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 09:53:12 am »

Guillermo

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 10:38:06 am »

I would rather eat a bucket of nails that tether a dslr
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197186\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why?

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 10:50:53 am »

I think the megapixel count presented for the P20+ and P21+ are incorrect. Aren't they 16mp and 18mp respectively?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

John,

Thanks!  I'll get it changed ASAP.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
chris@captureintegration.com
[a href=\"http://www.captureintegration.com]Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year[/url]

877-217-9870 | National Atlanta/Miami
404-234-5195 | Cell  

ruraltrekker

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 11:00:47 am »

Why?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197473\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Me too. Why?

I will say that when using the MKII it was a problem because of the connection of the 4 pin at the camera but with the MKIII I don't see how statement of "Rather eat a bucket of nails" can be made.

So, please explain your position James.

Ken

sergio

• http://www.sergiobartelsman.com
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 11:14:09 am »

Me too. Why?

I will say that when using the MKII it was a problem because of the connection of the 4 pin at the camera but with the MKIII I don't see how statement of "Rather eat a bucket of nails" can be made.

So, please explain your position James.

Ken
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197485\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree with James. First (hold your fire), I don't have a 1DsMIII and have never used one, but on both previous models it was a pain.
I spent more time reconnecting than shooting. Whatever the reason, be it bad cables, connectors or whatever, it was always a PITA.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 11:20:27 am »

I corrected the megapixel count on the P20/P21 on our trade-in value chart. Sorry for adding to the confusion!

Doug Peterson
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
Personal Portfolio <--fixed link with edit
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 12:00:51 pm by dougpetersonci »

ruraltrekker

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 11:56:17 am »

I agree with James. First (hold your fire), I don't have a 1DsMIII and have never used one, but on both previous models it was a pain.
I spent more time reconnecting than shooting. Whatever the reason, be it bad cables, connectors or whatever, it was always a PITA.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197493\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well it is way, way better now. I have had no issues what so ever with the new setup, other than I lost 10 feet of length with having to use the USB interface. I adjust my method for that change. That's all I can say.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up