Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Point & Shoot Cameras  (Read 13019 times)

dalethorn

Point & Shoot Cameras
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 11:41:34 pm »

Perhaps Bernard could explain.  My 38 years of Big Corp experience agrees with Dilbert nearly 100 percent, while Bernard sees the corp. point of view as, dare I say, logical and intelligent.  Oh?

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Point & Shoot Cameras
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 12:03:35 am »

Perhaps Bernard could explain.  My 38 years of Big Corp experience agrees with Dilbert nearly 100 percent, while Bernard sees the corp. point of view as, dare I say, logical and intelligent.  Oh?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198233\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I guess that Dilbert isn't Japanese... that could explain my perception after 10 corporate years in Japan.

Cheers,
Bernard

dalethorn

Point & Shoot Cameras
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 07:47:59 am »

And after 10 corporate years in Japan, Bernard is blissfully unaware of the superior product available there (as compared to the USA)?  What's the point of this?

Ray

Point & Shoot Cameras
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 08:38:14 am »

And after 10 corporate years in Japan, Bernard is blissfully unaware of the superior product available there (as compared to the USA)?  What's the point of this?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198284\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The point of this is to give some airing to idea that P&S cameras with negligible shutter lag, a large buffer and a fast frame rate in RAW mode, could be much more useful than any of the current crop of P&S cameras, especially considering the recent advances in software capabilities with regard to ease of stitching of multiple images and perfect automatic alignment of bracketed hand-held shots for merginging to HDR.

If such a camera requires an extra 50gms of battery weight and an extra 50gms of thicker wiring and circuitry, then so be it. It's those big lenses that are the heavy and bulky items which the larger sensor always needs.

dalethorn

Point & Shoot Cameras
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 10:33:21 am »

quote=Ray,May 27 2008, 05:38 AM]
The point of this is.....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198293\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]
I may have been thinking ahead of where I was communicating, but, I'm aware of the general superiority of electronic products available on the street in Japan, as compared to the USA, and I believe Bernard was splitting hairs instead of considering that fact.

dalethorn

Point & Shoot Cameras
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 10:36:30 am »

BTW, Casio started making smaller lighter ceramic lenses several years ago, and what has come of that?  Those lenses were very good quality by my tests.

BernardLanguillier

Point & Shoot Cameras
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 11:04:01 am »

BTW, Casio started making smaller lighter ceramic lenses several years ago, and what has come of that?  Those lenses were very good quality by my tests.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198328\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I guess that Dilbert has the answer to that one too?

Cheers,
Bernard

dalethorn

Point & Shoot Cameras
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 01:34:29 pm »

So when Bernard doesn't have an answer, or he's outed for defending greedy and corrupt corporations, he issues non-responsive postings?  C'mon Bernard, with all those years in Japan, have you forgotten what it's like in the USA?  Or maybe you just don't know.

BernardLanguillier

Point & Shoot Cameras
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 06:26:31 pm »

C'mon Bernard, with all those years in Japan, have you forgotten what it's like in the USA?  Or maybe you just don't know.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198363\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, I don't know indeed, but then again, with Dilbert giving all the answers, maybe I do?

The key really is to enhance Dilbert (through the Japanese process called "Kaizen") in order to make him more Japan friendly. China should come next.

Or we could perhaps also try to turn Nikon/Canon into American companies?

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 10:16:04 pm by BernardLanguillier »

dalethorn

Point & Shoot Cameras
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 08:39:44 pm »

Since the entity known as Bernard has resorted to Parrot mode, and continues with nonsense posts in order to disrupt this forum, I point out the key word in this thread - plea.  A plea for Bernard to cease the nonsense so that real people with something to say can post here.  Perhaps Bernard feels (like children of irresponsible parents) that this forum is his (or her) playground to wreak havoc upon.  No problem.  We all have a lifetime to deal with the idiots and disruptors, so it's a matter of time until this one burns out or just goes away.  What say Bernie?

Ray

Point & Shoot Cameras
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 09:47:39 pm »

Since the entity known as Bernard has resorted to Parrot mode, and continues with nonsense posts in order to disrupt this forum, I point out the key word in this thread - plea.  A plea for Bernard to cease the nonsense so that real people with something to say can post here.  Perhaps Bernard feels (like children of irresponsible parents) that this forum is his (or her) playground to wreak havoc upon.  No problem.  We all have a lifetime to deal with the idiots and disruptors, so it's a matter of time until this one burns out or just goes away.  What say Bernie?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198433\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is there something I'm missing here? Have you and Bernard got some secret antagonism going? I don't find Bernard disruptive at all nor his comments nonsense.

dalethorn

Point & Shoot Cameras
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 10:08:04 pm »

Of course you don't, Ray.  You must have a lot of time on your hands.  I'm kinda busy, so off I go, and you two can twitter to each other.

DarkPenguin

Point & Shoot Cameras
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 11:10:17 pm »

Of course you don't, Ray.  You must have a lot of time on your hands.  I'm kinda busy, so off I go, and you two can twitter to each other.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198446\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

*plonk*

dalethorn

Point & Shoot Cameras
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2008, 02:17:43 pm »

*plonk*
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198453\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
And yet another member of this professional(?) forum drops some doodoo here, just to let everyone know that  1) He or she is marking his/her territory.  2) He/she is hurt, and wants everyone to know.  If that's the best you folks can do, you have some growing up to do.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up