Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar eXposure 6.01 Version  (Read 13109 times)

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Sinar eXposure 6.01 Version
« on: May 20, 2008, 07:13:01 am »

Dear Sinar users,

A new Sinar eXposure 6.01 version is available since today on our webpage:

www.sinarcameras.com

Login is required. The software can be downloaded in the "Downloads" ---> "Softwares" section.

This new version addresses some bugs from the earlier 6.0 version. Consult the "Read Me" file for more details.

Best regards,
Thierry
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:14:00 am »

Thanks. Downloading now.

PdF

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 09:30:47 am »

Caramba ! Not yet for me...!

PdF
PdF

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 12:48:30 pm »

Dear Sinar users,

A new Sinar eXposure 6.01 [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=196739\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi

I now have a mac that can (almost) handle Exposure

Can people comment

1)

how can I make HTML contacts or just export a pile of say 1000 PXL jpgs of a shoot

I need to sustain the settings applied in Exposre (WB curve etc)

2)

Maybe im too 'newb' with the software but which parameter being used is a little unclear

ie I did a shoot an upped the exposure on one image which I had under exposed - then shot more images they were diplayed with that exposure compensation applied leading me to under expose a load more images (this was a test)

I can of course see the advantage on using previous white balance curve etc - in the eyelike software it was very obvious which 'parameter' was being used

any comments TIA

-----------------
Edit
to output a folder with 139 images to jpg (60%) took two hours - ok more RAM may cut this down to one hour but that is still really no good - may shoot 1500 images on my next shoot - time to create a contact 15 hours ??

------------------

SMM
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 02:44:12 pm by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

David WM

• http://
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 10:42:10 am »

Preview are fast!   I have been giving version 6.01 a run on some studio jobs tethered with eMotion 22 this week. The preview generation speed is way up on captureshop. The fresh image has been taking a mater of seconds to display on the mac.  I take a shot and it is on the mac before I get there  mac to look at it.  The ability to crop quickly and export is great too.
David

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 10:55:25 am »

...contact sheets anyone ?

S

Goodi

• http://
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 11:34:23 am »

Hi

I now have a mac that can (almost) handle Exposure

Can people comment

1)

how can I make HTML contacts or just export a pile of say 1000 PXL jpgs of a shoot

I need to sustain the settings applied in Exposre (WB curve etc)

2)

Maybe im too 'newb' with the software but which parameter being used is a little unclear

ie I did a shoot an upped the exposure on one image which I had under exposed - then shot more images they were diplayed with that exposure compensation applied leading me to under expose a load more images (this was a test)

I can of course see the advantage on using previous white balance curve etc - in the eyelike software it was very obvious which 'parameter' was being used

any comments TIA

-----------------
Edit
to output a folder with 139 images to jpg (60%) took two hours - ok more RAM may cut this down to one hour but that is still really no good - may shoot 1500 images on my next shoot - time to create a contact 15 hours ??

------------------

SMM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198356\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dear Morgan,

1. At the moment there is no possibility to make a fast contact sheet in eXposure in a fast way, like you want to see it.

2. the parameter which is used for the shooting is displayed in the capture tab under the section camera. If you are making a change on the last captured image it will be applied to the next shoot automatically. Then you will see as image parameter in the camera settings "Last capture" If you make a change on a image which is older it won't be applied to the the following shots.

Best regards
Michael

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 11:40:32 am »

Dear Morgan,

1. At the moment there is no possibility to make a fast contact sheet in eXposure in a fast way, like you want to see it.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198543\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is there another program that sustains the Exposure Settings WB etc

Bridge ?  - Lightroom ?  RawDeveloper - whatever ?

Or do you propose capture in Exposure, then move to another program completely

makes no sence when shooting tethered corrected in front of a client - the wont get what they saw

Can you tell me what you think the workflow using a sinar camera should be - is a contact sheet not part of a normal workflow

I want to do shooting tethered

Capture test shot with grey or greg card
Basic Corrections
Capture Session with those corrections applied to all images
Contact sheet for client (HTML)
Client chooses
Better correction
Retouch
Deliver

Normal I would have thought ?

S
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 11:50:29 am by Morgan_Moore »

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 01:03:43 pm »

You can export the images as JPEGs into a folder, then use Photoshop to create a web gallery. Very easy, just a few clicks. (There are even quite a few temples to choose from).  I don't understand why people want so many features built into the DB's software which are already in PS
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 01:04:59 pm by foto-z »

David K

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 01:26:03 pm »

You can export the images as JPEGs into a folder, then use Photoshop to create a web gallery. Very easy, just a few clicks. (There are even quite a few temples to choose from).  I don't understand why people want so many features built into the DB's software which are already in PS
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198565\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How does one apply the corrections made to one image to the other images, e.g. white balance.  I do not find the software intuitive and would appreciate any help you can offer.

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 01:35:00 pm »

How does one apply the corrections made to one image to the other images, e.g. white balance.  I do not find the software intuitive and would appreciate any help you can offer.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198571\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In the contact view mode you can ctrl+click on an image which has had changes applied and select 'copy image parameter'. Then highlight the images you want the same changes to apply to, ctrl+click and select 'paste image parameter'.

There's more to it, but that's a start.

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 01:36:03 pm »

...contact sheets anyone ?

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198531\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Since you are creating DNGs I assume you could use your favourite raw processing software such as Lightroom and create a contact sheet there too (I haven't tried this one).

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 01:54:57 pm »

Does anyone know if/when eXposure is likely to support the Eyelike Precision backs - if not for tethering, at least for processing?

Cheers,
Kumar

thsinar

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 01:57:51 pm »

Thanks Graham!

a bit more concerning "Image Parameters": those same settings can be saved the same way (ctrl+click) ---> "Save Image Parameters" and given a name, then loaded (ctrl+click) ---> "Load Image Parameters" and applied this way to any images selected (highlighted) in your contact sheet.

Another way to access the "Image Parameters" : "click" on the "i" icon on the top right in the "Contact Sheet" panel/dock widget. Then you have access to the same as above ("Manage Image Parameters"; "Load Image Parameters"; "Save Image Parameters"; "Copy Image Parameters" & "Paste Image Parameters").

Best regards,
Thierry

In the contact view mode you can ctrl+click on an image which has had changes applied and select 'copy image parameter'. Then highlight the images you want the same changes to apply to, ctrl+click and select 'paste image parameter'.

There's more to it, but that's a start.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198573\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 02:36:37 pm »

You can export the images as JPEGs into a folder, then use Photoshop to create a web gallery. Very easy, just a few clicks. (There are even quite a few temples to choose from).  I don't understand why people want so many features built into the DB's software which are already in PS
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198565\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

(I am working on a clean machine only - no software installed yet exept Exposure and CS(1) *  - needing to make choices)

I know one can export jpgs but exporting 130 jpg images took two hours on my machne - it would probably be 1.5 hours or maybe one hour on the latest greatest machine - a full night of processing whatever machine

in the next 48 hours I will shoot maybe 1000- images - a clothes cataloge

So that would at least run the machine over night to create jpgs

Also having them all in one folder is not right because the different products will be in different folders

So you couldnt even leave the machine running over night by itself

at this point you have a pile of jpgs that are 60 MB open

a second process then has to be run to create web size jpgs

These jpgs would acurrately reflect the image parameter chosen that the client saw being shot

The result would be right but the process is not viable time wise

My other option is to shoot a parameter and have a pile of DNGs that the client saw with a parameter applied

I then view these DNGs in a secondary piece of software LR Siklypix, C1 (?) or somthing else

previously when I have moved Sinar DNGs to another viewing platform (silkypix) the Parameters have then been lost

I then have to create a new paramater or set of settings in that software - taking time and also creating a (slightly) different image from the one the client saw at the time of the shoot

I can then use that software to output a contact sheet or 1000PXL jpgs that I will make into my own contact sheet

MY MAIN CONCERN IS THE SUSTAINING OF THE PAPAMATER into another software

Who is doing what and how please ?

ps anyone who used the Eyelike software will remember the superfast parameter applied contact sheets and will understand my frustrations (OK 600pxl was a little small but all else was cool)

Help please...

SMM

* the reason I have CS1 is about licenses I have an newer CS2 on another machince I havnt worked out the license situation yet and whether I can transfer across or upgrade or what !
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:51:59 pm by Morgan_Moore »

BJNY

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 11:37:32 am »

SMM,
Why not keep using eyelike capture pro
since it does everything you need effortlessly.
Maybe I should investigate as well.
Does it work with eMotion75LV, MacOS 10.5.2 ?
Billy
Guillermo

thsinar

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 01:14:00 pm »

Yes, it does.

Thierry

Does it work with eMotion75LV, MacOS 10.5.2 ?
Billy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198760\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 01:42:25 pm »

Yes, it does.

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198787\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh !

Ill try

It didnt seem to work with I upgraded from E22 to 75LV - I dont have a disc ref that camera

too busy now

still those 600px contacts are really a bit small

Im more interested in how TH and Goodi think people should work ..

what workflow have they visualised in thier heads ?

also I thought Exposure had white correction, better moiree noise etc - maybe that is all functions of the newer backs

S

thsinar

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 02:00:34 pm »

Sam,

I will let Michael answer the workflow, since certainly more used to it so far.

But yes, eXposure 6.0 and 6.0.1 do support all eMotion backs, also the eMotion 22, and the 75 series, being it a model with or w/o LV, as well as the newer just released models with bigger display and new sensor board. This is written in the "Read Me" file coming with the installer.

moiré noise? I guess you mean "Moiré" or "Noise".
eXposure is creating DNG files which are compatible with all common DNG applications on the market: LR, ACD, Aperture, Camera Raw, C1, etc ... Those DNG applications have integrated NR tools/filters. It is planed to have a NR plugin in eXposure as well, among others, but Michael would be in a better position to give an ETA, if known.

In any case, a new 6.1 version is planed to be released begin of July, with new functions and new backs supported.

Best regards,
Thierry

Oh !

Ill try

It didnt seem to work with I upgraded from E22 to 75LV - I dont have a disc ref that camera

too busy now

still those 600px contacts are really a bit small

Im more interested in how TH and Goodi think people should work ..

what workflow have they visualised in thier heads ?

also I thought Exposure had white correction, better moiree noise etc - maybe that is all functions of the newer backs
S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198795\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 02:35:42 pm »

Sam,

The ref files should be stored in your e75 if it is not an earlier back and you should not need the CD like previously with the e22 and the first e75. But the back comes however ALWAYS with a CD containing these ref files and you should have got it: if not, I would recommend you to contact our distributor.

Best regards,
Thierry

I upgraded from E22 to 75LV - I dont have a disc ref that camera
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198795\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up