Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems Tethering in C1 4.1?  (Read 7969 times)

Snook

Problems Tethering in C1 4.1?
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 10:25:34 am »

I dodn't even know it was out!  I'll see if I can get it on my machine and do a test before I head out of town.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197457\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks TMARK...
Please do let us know if it is any kind of improvement?
Could not find anything anywhere? just saw that the Download was 4.1.1 now???
Snook

GregShapps

• http://www.shappsphotography.com
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 10:33:09 am »

I am having problems tethering as well with an H25 & P45.

My real issue is how do I keep 4.1 from launching every time I plug in my iphone - its so annoying

TMARK

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 10:35:40 am »

My real issue is how do I keep 4.1 from launching every time I plug in my iphone - its so annoying
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197471\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll also check on the iPhone issue.  I wonder if I can tether with my iPhone?

Snook

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 10:39:45 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197471\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That is b/c you have your computer connect automatically when a device is connected that contains pictures.. in other words you need to change your default picture viewer to something other than C-1 or take out the option to open when device detected!!? Sounds like that is your problem...?
Snook

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 11:07:06 am »

1) Library resources (cache, preferences, application support) are NOT shared between 3.7.X and 4.X. In the case of strange problems dumping these folders can help to get everything back to square one. 3.7.8 and 4.1 are completely independent.

2) Capture Integration experienced similar problems with a back's communication jamming up and requiring a system restart to get back and working, BUT we experienced these problems with 4.1 BETA. Note that the installation instructions for 4.1 clearly state you need to completely remove any previous versions of 4 before installing. This would be a good place to start.

3) I've now shot 5 backs on three computers using 4.1  and have had no problems with any of them. That said there are a lot of combinations of backs/bodies/computers/workflows.  Phase One DOES test thoroughly, and is very dedicated to solving problems that customers have. If you are diligent with recording the circumstances of the problem (which I know can be hard if your in the middle of a shoot) and honestly follow the suggestions of your dealer and Phase One your problem WILL be fixed. 99% of the time there is something small (a setting, low batteries, bad firewire cables, non-recommended firewire cables etc), and 1% of the time the problem is more subtle. The 1% are the cases you hear about the most because of the frustration involved, but if you bought from a dealer with good support and you work with them, you will have your problems resolved.

4) P1 Support does NOT come through their forum. That forum is marked very clearly as a "user-to-user" forum and the P1 support staff only answer questions on there as they have time. If you have a problem and you need a fast response you need to start a support case with you and make sure your problem is resolved. Your dealer is more than happy to do this on your behalf, because happy customers are our best marketing, and personally is my greatest sense of job-satisfaction.

5) http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/02/...sync-my-iphone/ this will explain how to prevent 4.1 from launching when you plug into your iphone. thanks for this one go to chris

5) 4.1.1 was a very minor release that basically compressed the installer for faster downloads and made one very minor fix. Still if you do go through my suggestion to clear off previous versions of 4.X and reinstall then you might as well use 4.1.1

Doug Peterson

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 11:12:28 am »

I've been told internal Phase One R+D has a mini-application that allows you to use your iPhone to trigger a capture. Basically it emulates the Enter button on the keyboard. Same basic concept as Signal (which lets you control your compter's iTunes from your iPhone) but with a much simpler back-end.

Doug Peterson
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
Personal Portfolio <-- fixed link with edit
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 11:59:53 am by dougpetersonci »

TMARK

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 11:17:57 am »

1) Library resources (cache, preferences, application support) are NOT shared between 3.7.X and 4.X. In the case of strange problems dumping these folders can help to get everything back to square one. 3.7.8 and 4.1 are completely independent.

2) Capture Integration experienced similar problems with a back's communication jamming up and requiring a system restart to get back and working, BUT we experienced these problems with 4.1 BETA. Note that the installation instructions for 4.1 clearly state you need to completely remove any previous versions of 4 before installing. This would be a good place to start.

3) I've now shot 5 backs on three computers using 4.1  and have had no problems with any of them. That said there are a lot of combinations of backs/bodies/computers/workflows.  Phase One DOES test thoroughly, and is very dedicated to solving problems that customers have. If you are diligent with recording the circumstances of the problem (which I know can be hard if your in the middle of a shoot) and honestly follow the suggestions of your dealer and Phase One your problem WILL be fixed. 99% of the time there is something small (a setting, low batteries, bad firewire cables, non-recommended firewire cables etc), and 1% of the time the problem is more subtle. The 1% are the cases you hear about the most because of the frustration involved, but if you bought from a dealer with good support and you work with them, you will have your problems resolved.

4) P1 Support does NOT come through their forum. That forum is marked very clearly as a "user-to-user" forum and the P1 support staff only answer questions on there as they have time. If you have a problem and you need a fast response you need to start a support case with you and make sure your problem is resolved. Your dealer is more than happy to do this on your behalf, because happy customers are our best marketing, and personally is my greatest sense of job-satisfaction.

5) http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/02/...sync-my-iphone/ this will explain how to prevent 4.1 from launching when you plug into your iphone. thanks for this one go to chris

5) 4.1.1 was a very minor release that basically compressed the installer for faster downloads and made one very minor fix. Still if you do go through my suggestion to clear off previous versions of 4.X and reinstall then you might as well use 4.1.1
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197488\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Doug,

I'm going to be out of town this weekend.  When I get back I'm going to freshly install C14.1.1 and see if that fixes the problem.

T

Snook

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 11:37:58 am »

Doug,

I'm going to be out of town this weekend.  When I get back I'm going to freshly install C14.1.1 and see if that fixes the problem.

T
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197495\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks for all the information...
Would nice if some of the people having trouble might also want to mention what they are using??
Camera/Back combo/Computer etc...
Like the above poster mentioned there a lot of different combinations where things can get wrong.
Please keep up all the information coming in here..
Snook
I am going to clean out everything in my studio system this weekend.. It has need it for a while.
I still have not switched to Leopard on my main G5, And have noticed I never get crashes or anything on my freshly installed MacBook Pro... shooting tethered to it I have no problems.
Thanks
Snook

Doug Peterson

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 11:58:17 am »

305.534.5701 - extension 2 forwards to my cell which I'll answer even on weekends.

Let me know how it goes and call me anytime you need support. We'll get you up and running.

4.1 has some really great features to offer. We'll be posting a list of tips and tricks that really improve the workflow today. I'm not just towing the company line when I tell you 4.1 is the best tethered experience I've had, especially once you find the little things that aren't well documented. And 4.2 Pro will be even better; most of the areas I've heard photographers lamenting about will be addressed in 4.2 Pro.

Doug Peterson
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
Personal Portfolio <--fixed link with Edit

Doug,

I'm going to be out of town this weekend.  When I get back I'm going to freshly install C14.1.1 and see if that fixes the problem.

T
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=197495\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 11:59:25 am by dougpetersonci »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up