Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnails and Previews  (Read 6819 times)

GBCollins

Thumbnails and Previews
« on: May 18, 2008, 05:22:52 pm »

I'm using the current versions of CS3 Bridge and ACR on a PC running Vist 32bit.  JPGs view as expected but RAW files go through what looks like an auto adjustment when the RAW thumbnail is selected for preview.  I click the RAW thumbnail and the preview opens and goes through a fraction of a second tone/brightness(whatever) adjustment.

I have made sure that the Camera Raw Adjustments tab in Bridge has the "Apply auto tone adjustments" UNCHECKED.  It's as though the check box is inoperative.

The Adobe web site had a topic for the issue as I described in my first paragraph and their fix was to uncheck the auto tone adj box.  It just doesn't seem to work.

I'll bet it's just some stupid thing I'm not doing, but I've spent too many hours trying to figure it out by myself.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

• http://www.billcaulfeild-browne.com
Thumbnails and Previews
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 06:07:43 pm »

I'm using the current versions of CS3 Bridge and ACR on a PC running Vist 32bit.  JPGs view as expected but RAW files go through what looks like an auto adjustment when the RAW thumbnail is selected for preview.  I click the RAW thumbnail and the preview opens and goes through a fraction of a second tone/brightness(whatever) adjustment.

I have made sure that the Camera Raw Adjustments tab in Bridge has the "Apply auto tone adjustments" UNCHECKED.  It's as though the check box is inoperative.

The Adobe web site had a topic for the issue as I described in my first paragraph and their fix was to uncheck the auto tone adj box.  It just doesn't seem to work.

I'll bet it's just some stupid thing I'm not doing, but I've spent too many hours trying to figure it out by myself.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=196436\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are you sure this IS auto adjusting? What happens when open the file and click Auto exposure in ACR? Does it remain the same - in which case you're right - or does it change?

Bill

GBCollins

Thumbnails and Previews
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 07:34:35 pm »

Good question Bill, it's NOT auto adjust after all, but looks close sometimes.  Further checking after your question led me to discover it's Bridge "building" the thumbnail and then the preview to match.  I had the lower quality setting for thumbnails.

With high quality thumbnails checked in Bridge Preferences, I don't get to see that building process that I can see when the other types of thumbnails are selected.

Thanks Bill

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

• http://www.billcaulfeild-browne.com
Thumbnails and Previews
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 09:07:32 pm »

Good question Bill, it's NOT auto adjust after all, but looks close sometimes.  Further checking after your question led me to discover it's Bridge "building" the thumbnail and then the preview to match.  I had the lower quality setting for thumbnails.

With high quality thumbnails checked in Bridge Preferences, I don't get to see that building process that I can see when the other types of thumbnails are selected.

Thanks Bill
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=196451\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Glad to help - I see this "building" process in both Bridge and Lightroom. Strangely, the first iteration of the images sometimes look better than the "built" image!

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up