Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: October 2008 Suggestions  (Read 2689 times)

Khurram

October 2008 Suggestions
« on: May 17, 2008, 12:50:05 pm »

I had planned a trip to Europe (Italy, Switzerland & Paris), for the the first 3 weeks of October, however, we are not going to be able to go now this year.  Hopefully we can do that trip next year.

I wanted to get some advice on where to go for for the first three weeks in October for Fall colours.  

The last three years, we've gone to the tetons and in two of those years, we also included the Southwest in those trips.  However, early October is a little late for the peak colours at the tetons and probably too early to get peak colours in the Southwest (zion, bryce, sedona).

I've booked my holidays a year in advance at work, so i've got limited ability to change my schedule.  I'd appreciate some advice on where we can go at the time I had booked off.

I had thought about going to Rocky Mountain National park in colorado, but I believe that the last week of september is usaully the time for peak colours there.  Does anyone know the usual time period for peak colours at the Great Smokies National park??
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog

Paul Sumi

October 2008 Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 05:43:23 pm »

Does anyone know the usual time period for peak colours at the Great Smokies National park??
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=196260\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I was in GSNP the third week of October last year and we pretty much hit peak color.  But this depends on the altitude -- fall color is best above 4000 feet the first half of the month and then spreads out from there.

If you're interested in fall color, the eastern Sierra hits peak color early-mid October as well.

Paul
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:50:53 pm by PaulS »
Pages: [1]   Go Up