Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wallpaper  (Read 2769 times)

daniel voges

Wallpaper
« on: May 17, 2008, 09:34:34 am »

Hi, which printer and printer technology is most suited to print wallpaper. What is the industry standard, I am talking from a business point of view, so pigment inks are probably to expensive.

jpgentry

Wallpaper
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 10:12:58 pm »

I would say a 60 inch printer would be best.  HP makes some solvent printers.  You can use an ipf9100 or Epson 11880 also.  Not sure how much the advantage would be for solvent over pigment in wallpaper...

Hi, which printer and printer technology is most suited to print wallpaper. What is the industry standard, I am talking from a business point of view, so pigment inks are probably to expensive.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=196239\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sven W

Wallpaper
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 02:48:27 pm »

Funny...
I had a rep. today from a very big wallpaper-manufacturer, who wanted to purchase five Ep 11880
for printing limited edition wallpaper and "wallpaper-on-demand".
On their own stock. Which they have tons of.
I explained that waterbased ink need a "carrier" to hold the ink and also to avoid increased dot-gain. So we made some tests on their stock on our 11880, and the result was as I aspected; totally disaster!!
I almost had ink-drips on the floor. The density-strip was dry after 30 min!!
So coated/uncoated/non-inkjet media needs solvent-type-ink. So I recommended a look on Epsons new GS6000.
/Sven
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 02:54:05 pm by Sven W »
Stockholm, Sweden

pscala

Wallpaper
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 01:43:33 pm »

I work in a service bureau that does wide format printing.
We do wall paper on 2 different Intelicoat produsts with a Canon Ipf9000 or an Encad Pro 600e with pigmented inks.
The Intelicoat meida we use is either DMiBOP10, or Mural Pro. They come in rolls up to 60" wide. They are put up using standard adhesive and method.
Here is a link to the web page http://www.magicinkjet.com/ search the products and you can get a data sheet that gives the specs and hanging method.

Most of our clients prefer either we print to 36" or 42" material because it is easier for them to hang.

Phil

Sven W

Wallpaper
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 04:01:21 pm »

I work in a service bureau that does wide format printing.
We do wall paper on 2 different Intelicoat produsts with a Canon Ipf9000 or an Encad Pro 600e with pigmented inks.
The Intelicoat meida we use is either DMiBOP10, or Mural Pro. They come in rolls up to 60" wide. They are put up using standard adhesive and method.
Here is a link to the web page http://www.magicinkjet.com/ search the products and you can get a data sheet that gives the specs and hanging method.

Most of our clients prefer either we print to 36" or 42" material because it is easier for them to hang.

Phil
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198994\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Of course you can do "wallpaper" prints on correct media with above mentioned printers.
I do a lot of murals on "Billboard Paper, Blue Back". The same for ads on outdoor billboards.
But, for sure, not on real wallpaper-stock. The products that you buy from your local wp-dealer.
/Sven
Stockholm, Sweden
Pages: [1]   Go Up